Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 01, 2024, 09:09:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

FlightRadar24 Outage

Started by Anmer, September 29, 2020, 08:52:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anmer

It appears that FlightRadar24.com is/has been the victim of a sustained DDoS attack.

The service was first interrupted on Sunday evening, 27th September 2020.

It appeared to be resolved Monday morning, 28th September 2020.  But by that evening it was out of commission again.

Nothing was posted on its forum but there have been sporadic updates on its Facebook page.  However, the last one was over 12 hours ago.

[attachment deleted reduce file load]
Here to Help.

Joolde

Their Twitter usually has the most frequent updates.

FlightAware had similar issues but seems to be running normally again.

[attachment deleted reduce file load]

Oblivian

Could you tell in my tone the number of people using the forum to ask was getting tedious with lack of official announcement there :)

Obviously 'the internet' and 'not working' only means Facebook and twitter are concerned.

Nothing else seemingly exists

Anmer

Quote from: Oblivian on September 29, 2020, 10:57:50 PM
Obviously 'the internet' and 'not working' only means Facebook and twitter are concerned.

Sad but true.  But also a bit dumb as not everyone uses those services (I for one avoid them at all cost) and I'm sure many data feeders would first go to the "support" forum.

In fact the FR24 forum was very active until it was "upgraded".

I think FR24 is now on the downward slope of the product cycle graph.
Here to Help.

Roadrunner

Despite FR24 being back on my screen and working yesterday afternoon, my personal feeder (RPi3 and dongle) was not running and did not recognise the ip connection. after a lot of fiddling this morning I got it to work by trying every combination of start up sequence I could think of.

Mike