Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 17, 2024, 05:52:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

USB Stick Mode-S Receiver

Started by Anmer, February 05, 2012, 02:06:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anmer

I'm on the road a long way from home with no access to PP.  What version of PP are you using and can you remind me all the receiver options?
Here to Help.

3eluga

I use PlanePlotter 6.2.7.2 downloaded from COAA website. The installation went well. But when I want to configure the program using the setup wizard (Help-->Setup wizard) it had many steps of questions, such as "Do you have AirNav Radarbox installed and running?"  "Do you have PlaneGadget Radar installed and running?" and so on.. but no GNS5890 in the dialogue box. So I had to click through these steps and ended up "Restart the setup wizard" .. and nothing happen. Have I done something wrong?

Triple7

As the GNS is a USB device, maybe try selecting PGR from I/O options and then set up the comm port using Options>>Mode-S receiver>>PlaneGadger Radar>> setup comm port and then repeat and use the 'setup receiver' option.

I'm guessing here so don't send the boys round if this doesn't work, but it might be worth a try.

HTH

Tim

SBS-1eR, FA ProStick + 1090 filter

3eluga

Quote from: Triple7 on August 24, 2012, 07:25:35 PM
As the GNS is a USB device, maybe try selecting PGR from I/O options and then set up the comm port using Options>>Mode-S receiver>>PlaneGadger Radar>> setup comm port and then repeat and use the 'setup receiver' option.

I'm guessing here so don't send the boys round if this doesn't work, but it might be worth a try.

HTH

Tim

Thanx Tim. I followed your suggestion and it works  :)

GregHudson

Quote from: Triple7 on August 24, 2012, 07:25:35 PM

HTH

Tim

G'Day Tim.
I have the same problem here - unable to choose GNS 5890 as the receiver, but...
When I look at PP options, I/O settings is grayed out / unavailable. Not sure why.
Any ideas please ?

Thanks, Greg.
Hardware: Asus eeePC, GNS 5890 adsb decoder, Mobile One SAN-1090 base antenna, Andrews Heliax ultra low-loss 50 ohm coax with factory fitted N connectors.
Software: adsbScope, FlightRadar24 feeder. FR24 feed code = T-YMMB2

Triple7

Hi Greg,

You need to stop PP processing to allow the I/O option button to be active. Click on the second icon from the left - black square - and it will turn into a green dot. I/O options will then be available for you to change the settings.

Tim
SBS-1eR, FA ProStick + 1090 filter

GregHudson

Quote from: Triple7 on December 14, 2012, 09:32:10 AM
Hi Greg,

You need to stop PP processing to allow the I/O option button to be active. Click on the second icon from the left - black square - and it will turn into a green dot. I/O options will then be available for you to change the settings.

Tim

G'Day Tim, and thanks for the reply.
The answer is of course quite logical (once you know how) ;-)
I'll give it another go.

Regards, Greg.
Hardware: Asus eeePC, GNS 5890 adsb decoder, Mobile One SAN-1090 base antenna, Andrews Heliax ultra low-loss 50 ohm coax with factory fitted N connectors.
Software: adsbScope, FlightRadar24 feeder. FR24 feed code = T-YMMB2