Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 03, 2024, 03:41:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

What is the max size of BaseStation.sqb

Started by Pipo, March 28, 2021, 08:40:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pipo

What is the max of MB/gb of a BaseStation.sqb can be read correctly in BaseStation? Or is there not a maximum size, i have checkt Bones website but there was no info about this.
SBS-1e & SBS-3 Raspberry Pi 3 & Pi 4
Uniden UBC125XLT

Anmer

Quote from: Pipo on March 28, 2021, 08:40:40 PM
What is the max of MB/gb of a BaseStation.sqb can be read correctly in BaseStation?

I'm not aware of a maximum size ever being mentioned anywhere.

What size are you thinking about?  Remember the sqb database holds aircraft records and Sessions.  Deleting Sessions will reduce the size of the file but still retain aircraft records.
Here to Help.

Pipo

Quote from: Anmer on March 28, 2021, 09:24:33 PM
Quote from: Pipo on March 28, 2021, 08:40:40 PM
What is the max of MB/gb of a BaseStation.sqb can be read correctly in BaseStation?

I'm not aware of a maximum size ever being mentioned anywhere.

What size are you thinking about?  Remember the sqb database holds aircraft records and Sessions.  Deleting Sessions will reduce the size of the file but still retain aircraft records.

Mine is growing around 350mb right now, and steve is doing merge every month with new modes (keeping old modes in my sqb) so i was wondering if there is a max of size.
Uniden UBC125XLT

Anmer

Quote from: Pipo on March 29, 2021, 11:51:55 AM
Mine is growing around 350mb right now, and steve is doing merge every month with new modes (keeping old modes in my sqb) so i was wondering if there is a max of size.

Mine is 2.3 GB so you should be OK.  ;)
Here to Help.

the laird

Hi Mike

mine has crept up to 270,000KB's and  I was getting worried. Feel much better now !!!

Hope you and family are keeping well .

clive the laird in a very wet and blustery cumbria

Pipo

Quote from: Anmer on March 29, 2021, 12:23:53 PM
Quote from: Pipo on March 29, 2021, 11:51:55 AM

Mine is 2.3 GB so you should be OK.  ;)

Ah oke so no wurry for me then, my old broken sqb was 1gb and then error came, Steve (still thanks for that) have merge all the old modes from my broken to my in use sqb, so im now over 500.000 modes inside of the sqb. I Also pack every week my sqb and that also helps.
Uniden UBC125XLT

mrblowfish

My db is just over 3gb with 350k airframes, and has flight records from 2010 when I first stood it up, I like seeing VC10s, Nimrods and Harriers with flight information when they flew captured by my SBS so don't want to purge all flight info.
I do purge some flight records for selected airframes for things like Easyjet/BA, etc via scripts I wrote to reduce the DB size.

Hope this helps
Paul