Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 18, 2024, 11:00:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

Flight Display Version 7.93 Released

Started by Anmer, August 15, 2012, 08:58:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anmer

This fixes an issue with AutoPopulate with later versions of Basestation and an image problem.

https://sites.google.com/site/0flightdisplay/homepage
Here to Help.

Graham Bell

I am running Flight Display 7-92-32 to update to 7-93-32 is this a straight forward Uninstal then instal operation? Vista O.S.
Regards-
G.B.

Anmer

Remove FD using Control Panel.

Download and unzip to a temp folder and run Setup from there.  Do not run setup from within the Zip.
Here to Help.

Graham Bell

Graham Bell

Done as advised instal starts then hiccups and displays a window that informs "You cannot start application FlightDisplay from this location because it is already installed from a different location"
A search of the computer reveals no FD folders or files lurking anywhere.Any suggestions please.
Regards-
G.B.

Anmer

Did we install FD manually some time ago?
Here to Help.

Graham Bell

Yes you did indeed!
Since then some 3/4  months ago I did some serious housekeeping on my computer because of ongoing problems,un-related to our hobby,part of which was a complete re-instal of BaseStation on completion of this particular task the various Add Ons ,including FD,all installed with no problems.I don`t know whether or not this history provides any clues but nonetheless thank you for your interest.
Regards-
G.B.

Anmer

FD leaves some elements after a Control Panel uninstall.  Unfortunately, away from home I don't have access to FD and where these are located.

If you can wait, I'm back home from next Monday?
Here to Help.

Graham Bell

Thank you Mike waiting is not a problem-as an aside I use Revo Uninstaller to remove any programs as it does appear to be a little more thorough or perhaps I am being naive!
Thanks again and regards-
G.B.

Graham Bell

This instal problem has moved on a notch,noting Anmer`s comment re.Flight Display not always removing all the relative files on an uninstal a more diligent search did in fact reveal some FD files remaining,they were in the SBS-Resources folder(?),having removed these items I again attempted to instal the latest version of FD but it got no further than previous efforts but this time the original error message did not appear instead it was replaced by an window which informed that"Unable to instal application contact application vendor".
Any further advice welcome.
Regards-
G.B.

Anmer

Hi Graham

I'm around today if you want me to take a look with you?
Here to Help.

Graham Bell

Thanks Mike-Hive a time to suit you and I will PM Teamviewer info
Regards-
G.B.

Anmer

Can we do this later this afternoon?  Got some chores to do before she gets angry.
Here to Help.

Graham Bell

OK Mike-Will PM you about 3pm
Regards-
G.B.

Graham Bell

Despite the efforts of Anmer,thanks Mike,my instal problems with the F.D. Ver 7-93 continue.
With the aid of System Restore I have rolled back my computer to a point when I had Flight Display installed,albeit Ver. 7-92,Control Panel
confirms this,so click on the FD icon F.D. loads and displays the F.D. screen,so far so good,click start on F.D. screen and immediately the following message appears-
"(SCREENLOAD)
Database cannot be found.
Please check that FD7.s3db in the \userdata directory
FlightDisplay will now quit".
Any suggestions as to the next course of action would be appreciated
Regards-
G.B.