Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 06, 2024, 01:18:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

Radar Sites' Locations

Started by luqa, February 06, 2012, 08:42:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luqa

Its fine to have the Beast when one lives in an area where most radar sites are known.  Try finding them on your own when you live in the middle of the Med and a big unpleasant surprise awaits. Hence my request here if there are any Italian friends or others living in the central Med out here who have the Beast and are also trying to locate the various radar sites around.  In 4 weeks I've only managed 2 good sites and 2 almost good sites.  The rest send beams all over the place.  Not funny, believe me! I am happy to go on TeamViewer and have someone ready to spend some time trying to locate good sites.

viking9

Welcome, Are you Joe?

If we are you met at John's Field at Mildenhall a few years ago. You were with Ray and I loaned you a Canon battery.

Tom
Tom

luqa

Indeed Tom, I vividly remember and thanks again.  So you own The Beast toy too?

viking9

Yes, I do Joe, but I've just had an SBS-3 delivered today so I'll be using the Beast in the mobile role and as a backup.

Tom
Tom

mt007

Toem,
when possible can you put some screenshots of your SBS3 when operational?
Thx very much.
Regards,
Miguel Teixeira
Beast user, Ex: SBS1er and RB, PP sharer aH Live Traffic

viking9

Tom

shakysen

Hi Folks. I dont know if you have this  site.          http://www.modesbeast.com/recommended-antennas.html

Bethsalem

Quote from: shakysen on May 09, 2012, 02:19:52 PM
Hi Folks. I dont know if you have this  site.          http://www.modesbeast.com/recommended-antennas.html

The G7RQG omni directional stacked antenna. You can build this for me if you like  ;D ;D ;D

shakysen

Bethy Can you open a window and put a broomstick out an fix it to the sill? If yes best directions for your best signals place the mobil antenna on a ground plane and fix to end of broompole
                                                                                Billko

Bethsalem

The next time the dragon-in-law flies in I'll ask for a loan of her broomstick to try out your idea  :)