Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 22, 2024, 02:03:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

Base Station no longer showing icons

Started by skywarrior, June 16, 2021, 04:30:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skywarrior

Hi All,
I have been running a SBS-3 for years along with Base station.  It has work great until about a week ago when it just stopped showing all of the aircraft icons.  I changed nothing and have not installed any new software.
I have looked all through the program and can not find the issue, anyone have any ideas???
Thanks
Bruce 

Anmer

Quote from: skywarrior on June 16, 2021, 04:30:53 PM
It has work great until about a week ago when it just stopped showing all of the aircraft icons.  I changed nothing and have not installed any new software.

Can you be a bit more specific as to what you're not seeing and where?

Aircraft "icons" on the map or logos in the Aircraft List?

Maybe a screenshot will help.
Here to Help.

skywarrior

Hello,
It is not showing the icon on the aircraft list.  No changes were made just one morning it showed no icons.
Thanks

Anmer

Which column do you mean, see attached?

State, Status, Flag or Operator?

These are the only columns which can show an icon in the Aircraft List.

[attachment deleted reduce file load]
Here to Help.

skywarrior

Hello,
It is the operator column, the icons have ceased being shown :o

Anmer

Quote from: skywarrior on June 22, 2021, 12:37:48 AM
It is the operator column, the icons have ceased being shown

Thanks.

Double click on any aircraft to open the pop-up window Aircraft Details.  Then select the Edit Details tab to open the next pop-up window Add/Edit Aircraft Notes.

Is the field Operator Flag Code populated?

If it is, check that you have a matching bmp file in the OperatorFlags sub-folder in the same location from where you launch BaseStation.

If you do, I would recommend you use BMPCheck to check the files in your OperatorFlags folder.

Please report back so we can investigate further if this doesn't fix the issue.
Here to Help.

s92driver

In addition to Anmer's suggestion below, please report how many "flags" are in the OperatorFlags directory.

Steve

Anmer

Quote from: s92driver on June 22, 2021, 07:40:58 AM
In addition to Anmer's suggestion below, please report how many "flags" are in the OperatorFlags directory.

Good suggestion, thanks Steve.
Here to Help.

skywarrior

Hi Anmer and Steve,
To answer Steve, I do not know the exact number but I have 33+ MB size file for the Icons.
I have downloaded the BMP check, but I am having a devil of a time getting it to load, I even downloaded Java as was instructed but can not get the jar file to open????

Anmer

Quote from: skywarrior on June 22, 2021, 04:12:49 PM
I even downloaded Java as was instructed but can not get the jar file to open????

What are you experiencing when you click on the downloaded BMPChk.jar file?

If you navigate to the OperatorFlags folder using Windows Explorer, it should show the number of files in the bottom status bar.  But it doesn't look like you have too many.
Here to Help.

skywarrior

I extracted it and it brings up 2 files, the PDF and the Jar app.  I guess what I need is what program to actually open the file?
Thanks for all your help!!

Anmer

Quote from: skywarrior on June 22, 2021, 04:41:24 PM
I extracted it and it brings up 2 files, the PDF and the Jar app.  I guess what I need is what program to actually open the file?

Just double click on the BMPChk.jar file, as explained on Pages 2 onwards of the PDF User Manual!
Here to Help.

skywarrior

The file keeps opening up in Notepad which of course is not correct, it just does not launch with a double click

Anmer

Right mouse click on the file in Windows Explorer and Open With = Java (TM) Platform SE Binary.

Assumes you have Java installed?
Here to Help.

skywarrior

I do have it installed.  When I open with Java I see a flash of a black DOS like screen that only lasts seconds but the checker does not open.  Must be other issues here :-\