Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 02, 2024, 08:59:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

Windows 11 & Basestation

Started by Paul1, October 20, 2021, 09:05:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul1

Hi All

Sorry if this is in the wrong place but don't know where else to turn

I am running windows 11 with a fresh install of base station but find that my Operator flags, as well as silhouettes, aren't showing on some of the aircraft some of them are fine but there are certain ones that are showing.

I am also running ADU which gives me the flight information as well but when that updates the files even then it doesn't show the flags etc ive tried to uninstall it run cleaner to get rid of everything base station to give it a clean install but it loads with all the previously saved data from when i did the uninstall can anyone give me advice on what to do here and get it running as it should where it give me everything country flags operator logos etc etc

Kind Regards
Paul

Anmer

Hi Paul

I suspect it's a Virtual Store issue.

I'll respond more fully tomorrow.

Mike
Here to Help.

G-PHIL

Mike,

Can you respond to this question as others might find it helpful.

Phil

Paul1

Quote from: Anmer on October 20, 2021, 10:33:37 PM
Hi Paul

I suspect it's a Virtual Store issue.

I'll respond more fully tomorrow.

Mike

Hi Mike

Thanks for the response regards this issue i will await your response in to getting it sorted

Regards
Paul

Pipo

Paul,

Where did you install BaseStation? C:\Kinetic\BaseStation? If not, make a backup of all your BaseStation items. Remove BaseStation and install it on

C:\Kinetic\BaseStation, then copy past your backup files in there and it will work. Im using this after Anmer told me not to install it in Program Files or so due to the virtual store of windows.
SBS-1e & SBS-3 Raspberry Pi 3 & Pi 4
Uniden UBC125XLT

Paul1

Unfortunately, I didn't do that put it in its own folder I put it in the programme folder then reinstalled it on the laptop last night and it brought all my old settings back I guess that's cause it still had things in the virtual file ?? 

Pipo

Quote from: Paul1 on October 21, 2021, 08:13:17 PM
Unfortunately, I didn't do that put it in its own folder I put it in the programme folder then reinstalled it on the laptop last night and it brought all my old settings back I guess that's cause it still had things in the virtual file ??

On your Windows 11 PC, when i installed BaseStation, did you look in the folder C:\Users\"user"\AppData\Local\VirtualStore? In the past i had this issue with Windows 8, after Anmer told me this:
I did a new install of BaseStation on it (C:\Kinetic\BaseStation) then run BaseStation of it works. When this works past your backup data in that folder run basestation and look if it works.

Always keep the backup like the way it worked befor windows 11, so you have all your data like is
SBS-1e & SBS-3 Raspberry Pi 3 & Pi 4
Uniden UBC125XLT

Anmer

Sorry, I forgot all about this post.  ::)

Where was the original "active" BaseStation.sqb file and was that the one you saved and used with the new install?

Was the original BaseStation installed in a Program Files location?
Here to Help.

G-PHIL

Hi Anmer,

The person who posted the original question Paul is trying to get the Basestation software working correctly with ModesDeco2 on his Windows 11 Laptop.

We installed the Basestation software and got things working but not all the operator flags displayed. We have tried a few different Countries Dat files without any luck.

He was told to install the software outside of the program folder which he has done and still no luck, he installed it in the C:/Kinetic folder.

Any advice on the correct installation procedure is greatly appreciated.

Also if anyone has an up to date countries dat file that could be downloaded that would be great.

MTIA
Phil

Paul1

Quote from: Anmer on October 21, 2021, 09:39:09 PM
Sorry, I forgot all about this post.  ::)

Where was the original "active" BaseStation.sqb file and was that the one you saved and used with the new install?

Was the original BaseStation installed in a Program Files location?

Hi Mike

In answer to your question when I installed base station the Countries.dat file was the one that came with the installation and yes it was installed in the programmes x64 folder tried installing in it own folder ADU came back with a runtime error so ended up putting it back in programmes folder where it wanted to go

Regards
Paul

Anmer

Quote from: G-PHIL on October 21, 2021, 10:52:37 PM
The person who posted the original question Paul is trying to get the Basestation software working correctly with ModesDeco2 on his Windows 11 Laptop.

There was no mention of ModeSDeco2 in the first post!

Does the fresh install of BaseStation display logos and/or silhouettes in the operator column in the aircraft list?  A simple "Yes", "No" or "Sometimes" will be acceptable replies  ;)

What files were copied from the previous install?  My main interest is the Basestation.sqb file.  The Countries.dat file has no bearing on the display of logos and or silhouettes in the Operator column of the aircraft list.

Also if anyone has an up to date countries dat file that could be downloaded that would be great.

There is no such thing.  There is no central repository of the Countries.dat file.  Mine is based on the original with self-inflicted edits over the years.  But I'm not fastidious and there a few gaps and inconsistencies.

And it may be easier to deal with either Paul1 or yourself.  Multiple answers from two members can be hard to process, especially at my advanced age!

Here to Help.

Paul1

Quote from: Anmer on October 22, 2021, 08:42:50 AM

There was no mention of ModeSDeco2 in the first post!

Does the fresh install of BaseStation display logos and/or silhouettes in the operator column in the aircraft list?  A simple "Yes", "No" or "Sometimes" will be acceptable replies  ;)

What files were copied from the previous install?  My main interest is the Basestation.sqb file.  The Countries.dat file has no bearing on the display of logos and or silhouettes in the Operator column of the aircraft list.

There is no such thing.  There is no central repository of the Countries.dat file.  Mine is based on the original with self-inflicted edits over the years.  But I'm not fastidious and there a few gaps and inconsistencies.

And it may be easier to deal with either Paul1 or yourself.  Multiple answers from two members can be hard to process, especially at my advanced age!

Good Morning Mike

Let me go back a little ModeSDeco2 is on the desktop within its own folder which I open and then run once I'm ready to go and use Basestation that's normally opened up first before I open up Base Station, The Operator flags have been stored within my dropbox account so I have easy access to them which I downloaded and put upon my desktop. As for the Basestation SQB file, I don't have one to hand so I use the one that is within the files of the install which is roughly around the 9KB mark, I do have some that have been sent by P-HIL and even when I copy and put them into the folder I get the same where some of the flags show and some don't show its a little frustrating knowing that a couple of years ago when I set it up ( round 2019) everything worked perfectly with everything showing up upon the screen

Regards
Paul     

Anmer

Thanks Paul.

Can I arrange a remote connect session with you at a convenient time?  It will easier and quicker to resolve.

I'm not around this morning.  Let me know if you're OK to do this with some days/times when you're available.
Here to Help.

Paul1

Quote from: Anmer on October 22, 2021, 09:53:17 AM
Thanks Paul.

Can I arrange a remote connect session with you at a convenient time?  It will easier and quicker to resolve.

I'm not around this morning.  Let me know if you're OK to do this with some days/times when you're available.

Hi Mike

That's perfect I am around this afternoon if you are and it's convenient for you or even this evening.

Anmer

Hi Paul

I'll send you a PM when I'm back this afternoon.
Here to Help.