Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 19, 2024, 03:04:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

Strange display on adsbScope

Started by GregHudson, December 05, 2012, 09:16:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GregHudson

G'Day All (and thanks to Anmer for creating this section so quickly).

I've just got my GNS 5890 up & running with my external antenna, and it's going very nicely, BUT...
adsbScope is giving me grief. What's happening, is whenever a new aircraft appears, a line shoots out from MY position, to the location of the aircraft at initial contact. After a short period, another line appears from me to the aircraft. So, I end up with lines everywhere - even after the aircraft has been dropped.

It wasn't doing this at the beginning, so I must have changed something - but I can't figure out WHAT I've changed, or where.

In the listbox to the left of the Connect button, I'm also getting the words 'Compress Track x' (x being the tracking number) for each aircraft.
I'm sure this wasn't happening before either, and I suspect they are related. I can't find any option to switch track compression on or off.

Any ideas how to fix this please anyone ?

Thanks, Greg.
(Total newbie)

Hardware: Asus eeePC, GNS 5890 adsb decoder, Mobile One SAN-1090 base antenna, Andrews Heliax ultra low-loss 50 ohm coax with factory fitted N connectors.
Software: adsbScope, FlightRadar24 feeder. FR24 feed code = T-YMMB2

Anmer

Hi Greg

I haven't used adsbScope but is there a setting anywhere to draw a bearing line from your location to the selected aircraft?
Here to Help.

GregHudson

Thanks Mike. That did the trick.
It was in 'View / Maximum Range' setting.

All it needed was a bit of lateral thinking ;-)

Regards, Greg.
Hardware: Asus eeePC, GNS 5890 adsb decoder, Mobile One SAN-1090 base antenna, Andrews Heliax ultra low-loss 50 ohm coax with factory fitted N connectors.
Software: adsbScope, FlightRadar24 feeder. FR24 feed code = T-YMMB2