Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 18, 2024, 03:38:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

SBS1 running via a 1090 Puck onto Laptop on Windows 10 : HELP PLEASE !!!

Started by KeithB, December 02, 2021, 09:00:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KeithB

It appears that since upgrading my laptop to windows 10, not modern enough for 11, when running basestation I am unable to open the edit window when double clicking on an aircraft.. This works on Basestation reporter but not on Basestation itself.. Everything else appears to be working with full display of in range aircraft.. Any suggestions / help will be gratefully received.. Thank you

Anmer

The Basestation pop-up window used Internet Explorer by default (now Edge).

Do you have this installed?  Does the problem still occur if you close and restart Basestation?  Or if you restart Windows?
Here to Help.

KeithB

Installed Edge, restarted Windows, no change.. Thank you for the suggestion

KeithB

Have tried Edge, no difference, also Chrome, no change.. The problem is only with Basestation as the Basestation Reporter displays the edit window after a double click as it should ??????

KeithB

Thank you for your help...
I Also have a laptop running Windows 11 , same issue when connected to the puck

KeithB

However, transferring the puck to a windows 11 desktop all works fine................

KeithB

A workaround is running Basestation Reporter at the same time, when required to edit the flight, do that in Reporter and update the aircraft in Basestation.... It is long winded and it works but you shouldn't have to do that....

Why !!!! will it not run correctly ????

Any help and suggestions gratefully received.....  Thank you for reading this far.....

Anmer

Quote from: KeithB on December 02, 2021, 11:42:22 PM
Why !!!! will it not run correctly ????
Can you check and list the files in your Basestation -> UserData folder?
Here to Help.

jakems

Hi

If I understand your problem correctly, if you click on an aircraft in the list or radar screen of BaseStation you do not get the Aircraft Details pop up, is this the case? Do you have a laptop with a monitor attached or any other multiple screen configuration? BaseStation saves the location of the Aircraft Details pop up when it shuts down. If when you restart BaseStation and click on an aircraft it will display the aircraft details pop up at the same coordinates, if the monitor is no longer there the popup will not appear on the BaseStation screen. Shutdown BaseStation, find the basestation.ini file and open it in a text editor, look for the section [AircraftDetailsForm] and set the values to something like:
Top=166
Left=72
Width=667
Height=441
save the file and restart BaseStation, the Aircraft Details pop up should then come up in the Radar Screen.
Steve

Anmer

Thanks Steve, that was going to be my next question  ;)

Perhaps I should have asked it first  :-\
Here to Help.

jakems

Hi Anmer

I use a laptop and monitor and I don't how many times I have taken the laptop out and found the pop up does not show. It is something I try to remember when I shutdown now. As I am sure you know it also happenes if you put Basestation on the monitor and don't move it back before shutting down, you then need to change the coordinates in [MainForm].
Steve

KeithB

Solved !!!

Sorry for lack of reply but i've been away for a few days...

Thank you Steve and Anmer, I've edited the .ini file as suggested and it now does what it is supposed to do..

Thank you very much...

Anmer

Great and thanks for letting us know you solved the problem. Or rather Steve did  ;)
Here to Help.