Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 18, 2024, 03:40:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

Monthly zip files & SQB updates

Started by s92driver, December 05, 2021, 12:11:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

s92driver

In addition to posting any new images as they are produced, I also produce a monthly zip file of all images.  I am very conscious that having too many images can cause issues, so as images are no longer required I will remove them.  By using the zip files, you can be assured that you only have images that will be used.

I am now producing a monthly subset of images, which capture only the generic aircraft images.  These can be used by Basestation and VRS as "silhouettes", in lieu of the plain black silhouettes.  Note that these images are already in the Side View zip file described above.

Zip files are available here:   https://radarspotting.com/forum/index.php?action=tportal;sa=download;dl=cat4

One of the biggest "pains" with using bespoke images is keeping the SQB file modified to capture and display the correct images.  I've automated this by writing 1000's of lines of SQLite script.  I use the script to produce an SQB that is up to date and also has the correct OperatorFlagCode against each aircraft to show the correct image.  This SQB also contains 1000s of miscodes and also ground based vehicle and ATC radar "test" codes.  It works seamlessly with Basestation and VRS.

This file is available here:   https://radarspotting.com/forum/index.php?action=tportal;sa=download;dl=cat52

Finally I can offer a monthly update process.  If you wish to keep your existing SQB but would like to simply update your SQB so that your historic "flight" information is retained, then I can update your SQB with the latest information.  I have been doing this successfully for a few users for the last 6 months,  so this is a proven process.

If you'd be interested in me updating your SQB, send me a message.  Click on my forum name and you will find an email address in my Profile.

Leave a reply if you've any questions of suggestions.

Steve