Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 22, 2024, 03:28:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

Icotera router help

Started by Andrewmer, August 09, 2022, 09:53:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrewmer

Yesterday I had fibre-to-the-house installed (it's great, DL 195Mbps, UL 196Mbps) however I need some help with connecting my SBS-3. It was displaying perfectly on Basestation when connected to the previous router but is showing "Not connected" now I've connected the ethernet cable to the new router, an Icotera i4850.

In Settings>Hardware Settings Network I have 192.168.1.170 and my limited knowledge suggests I need to replace this with something my new router can see. Logging into the router, it tells me its IP range is 192.168.0.10 to 192.168.0.250. I've tried setting numbers within this range at random, but without success.

Can anyone suggest a solution to my problem?
Thanks, Andy

Anmer

I'm away from home this week so my support is limited.

You need to change the IP address of the SBS-3 to match the new address range of the router, such as:

Have a look at Page 93 of the Reference Manual which you can download from here if you don't have it.

https://radarspotting.com/forum/index.php?action=tportal;sa=download;dl=item456

Connect the SBS-3 via USB to make the change.

Get back if yiu need more help.
Here to Help.

Andrewmer

Anmer,

Thanks for your reply. As I said, I'd already tried various IP addresses within the routers IP range, indeed I have the one you suggest set at present - still not connecting. I downloaded the manual yesterday - it was no help, I'm afraid.

Interestingly, the router admin is showing LAN4 (which is where I put the cable from my SBS-3) with Status: Up, 312601 Packets Out and Speed FD100 (Half Duplex at 100Mbps) so something is happening.

Still nothing on the BaseStation screen, so I am still in need of help.

Thanks, Andy

Anmer

As well as following the instructions in the manual to change the SBS-3 IP address, have you also changed the IP address in Basestation?  Page 8 of the Reference Manual.

Can you Ping the SBS-3 IP address of 192.168.0.170?
Here to Help.

mhm

A few people here in Cheshire have had full fibre to house have had issues with the new routers. Could this be a driver issue
Mike
Colon Cancer Survivor for the Time Being

Anmer

Quote from: mhm on August 09, 2022, 01:09:14 PMCould this be a driver issue

I don't think this is a driver issue.  USB connections don't use the router and Ethernet bypasses the USB drivers.

My best guess it's an incompatible SBS-3/router IP address.
Here to Help.

Andrewmer

I had not thought to change the SBS-3 settings, but have now found the instructions on page 93 of the manual. My first problem is I have no "Non-Volatile Memory Settings" tab under "Settings". Not sure why, I'm running v185 which I thought was the last one issued but maybe it was a beta version?

As an experiment I connected my Puck with a USB cable, reset Settings to 192.168.1.170 and set the Data Source to USB - still nothing on the BS screen.

I might swap in v184, to see if that has the missing Non-Volatile Memory, plus re-checking the Puck and SBS-3 work when connected to my laptop.

It'll have to be tomorrow as I have to go out now. Thanks again for the suggestions received.
Andy

Anmer

Quote from: Andrewmer on August 09, 2022, 04:50:42 PM
I had not thought to change the SBS-3 settings, but have now found the instructions on page 93 of the manual. My first problem is I have no "Non-Volatile Memory Settings" tab under "Settings". Not sure why, I'm running v185 which I thought was the last one issued but maybe it was a beta version?

My first reply:
Have a look at Page 93 of the Reference Manual which you can download from here if you don't have it.

Basestation v,185 is the latest release.

You can't change the Puck IP address via Basestation.  Only the SBS-3.

Are you connected to the SBS-3 via USB when attempting to view the Non-Volatile Memory Configuration?
Here to Help.

mhm

184 was the last release Mike double checked under downloads of Kinetics site
Mike
Colon Cancer Survivor for the Time Being

Anmer

Quote from: mhm on August 09, 2022, 09:05:19 PM
184 was the last release Mike double checked under downloads of Kinetics site

I agree 184 is the latest version available on the Kinetic site but there does appear to be a Version 185 in circulation, possible distributed with the 1090 Puck:

https://radarspotting.com/forum/index.php?topic=13576.msg55540#msg55540
Here to Help.

jakems

Hi

My 1090 Puck came with a 185 CD, release notes as per Anmer's link. I have always run my Puck wth 184.
Steve

Anmer

Thanks Steve for confirming.
Here to Help.

Andrewmer

Anmer/All,

Thanks for the suggestions. After a break doing family things I got a chance to work through my issues today. I changed the SBS-3 to reflect the new router IP range and my BaseStation screen is once more populated. I also managed the Port Forward entries on the router to get PlanePlotter multilateration going again. Fingers crossed, everything is back to how it was before the new router arrived! Thanks again to all those who offered their thoughts and explanations - I couldn't have done this without you.
Andy

Anmer

Great, well done Andy.

And thanks for posting an update.  It really does help.
Here to Help.