Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 02, 2024, 03:26:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

Photograph programmes

Started by Ospreyv22, August 20, 2022, 06:42:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ospreyv22

Evening all,

I was just wondering if anyone on the group could recommend a good quality Photo programme for the odd touch up and edit of photographs,
For instance like removing a rogue crow that got in the way of a shot i took of a C135 on the ground,
I'm not a big lover of messing with photos but sometimes the odd tool to sharpen or clean a photo can make a difference.
I thought i would ask on here first before trawling around and to get recommended advice first off members who have tried and tested and used
such programmes.

All replies with help and advice appreciated.

Regards

Ian (Osprey22)

Smudger98

Hi, I have used google`s picasa(3) for years - I am given to understand this will be replaced at some point with google photos?.. I use it as not web linked just pc stand alone..
The current free software has all the basic edit type tools for cropping etc already built in. Downloadable still - type picasa in google..

https://picasa.en.uptodown.com/windows/download

HTH.

Smudger.

[attachment deleted reduce file load]
Tomorrow is not Guaranteed  - So make the most of to-day !!!
SBS-1 User and a Tecno Numpty !!

Anmer

I too used Picasa but thought it was no longer supported?

Corel Paint PaintShop Pro is a low cost app that may be a good alternative.
Here to Help.

Smudger98

Quote from: Anmer on August 21, 2022, 07:54:38 AM
I too used Picasa but thought it was no longer supported?

Corel Paint PaintShop Pro is a low cost app that may be a good alternative.

Still use picasa here Anmer, still free to use..  I edit in picasa then upload the edited to my Flickr account for the web..
Tomorrow is not Guaranteed  - So make the most of to-day !!!
SBS-1 User and a Tecno Numpty !!

DaveReid

It may be a bit OTT just for the odd touching up, but AFAIK you can still download Photoshop CS2 (legally) for free, courtesy of Adobe.

The GIMP, also free, is worth a look too.

Faramir

GIMP is a open-source (free) alternative to Photoshop and has lots of possibilities to match it. Well maintained and a good userbase for support. You can get it via this link if you want to try it for yourself.

Ospreyv22

Hi Guys,
Thanks for all the replies and possibilities that i can take a look at.
Thought i would just ask as there is so many programmes out there and was really
wanting to know what others on the group worked for them and there spec on them.
Thanks again for the replies and info it is much appreciated.

Regards and best wishes.

Ian (Ospreyv22)