Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 18, 2024, 08:57:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

Spot2Log Problem

Started by SteveR737, December 20, 2022, 02:54:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveR737

Hi, Ive been using Spot2log for about three years without problem , however now i cant add any new sightings as i just get the message " unable to connect to the remote sever"

I am unable to update also as it times out ?  My data inputted seems ok and my reports are still ok, its just adding new sightings ?

I was looking at "Spottinglog" as it says they can transfer the data over via a CSV file.( if Spot2log no longer available) Just wondered if anyone has done this ? Im not really great a tech stuff , so any help apreciated , many thanks Steve

Anmer

Welcome.

I haven't heard of Spot2Log but Google suggests it's a "dead" product:

https://www.airportspotting.com/which-are-the-best-aircraft-databases-for-plane-spotters/

DAN DYER
February 26, 2021 - 12:18 pm
Spot2Log is a dead project, the website is offline and no developments have happened for about 5 years, support never replied to emails. Need to remove that from this list.

If the app needs access to a remote server, that may be the problem.  The server is no longer available.

Do you have a local database of sightings?
Here to Help.

SteveR737

Hi, I read that post , but i have been using Spot2log up until about three weeks ago with no problems.

I have backed up my data in PDF form and still have my reports of all sightings on Spot2log  in place which means I can save in excel or PDF form. Maybe like it said, its dead. I cant find any contact info either. Thanks for your help

Anmer

If you have local data that you can save in Excel you have the means to create a csv file and upload this to SpottingLog.  If you need help with this please let me know.

https://www.spottinglog.com/spot2log/

We are aware of a competitor of ours called Spot2Log that at the time of writing this page has been removed from the web and we are unsure of its future, we get many emails and communications each week confusing SpottingLog with Spot2Log. We have no connection or affiliation with Spot2Log and we are a completely different platform to the software provided by this other company.

For those of you who are still unsure Spot2Log was a Windows PC based software application, whereas SpottingLog is a web based software platform accessed via a web browser.

If you are a customer of Spot2Log and would like to move to SpottingLog please firstly signup for a free trial at https://app.spottinglog.com to see if it fits your needs, then once you have found it does simply subscribe for a paid membership. We can import your logs from Spot2Log into SpottingLog free of charge.

Can I import my aircraft sightings from other software?
Yes, you can import existing aircraft registrations, airline and aircraft types into your account using the Import CSV feature found under Sightings, in order to do this you must first create a CSV file using certain columns as detailed on the page, there is also a sample CSV file for you to download and populate. If you have a large amount of data and need assistance please contact us and we can help you import the data.
Here to Help.