Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 01, 2024, 04:24:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

Editing BaseStaion Reporter & ADU SBS Utility

Started by Falcon200EX, February 21, 2023, 04:24:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Falcon200EX

I just wondered if you can manually edit the above progammes/software with respect to editing a couple of aircraft that are wearing special colour schemes with a code of some sort so you can see them pop up on the radar screen when near by. I did try to edit the couple of aircraft but it appeared to corrupt the sqb file resulting in BaseStaion & ADU SBS Utility not opening next time.

When I contacted ADU regarding this they said 'have you been trying to edit the sqb file and if you have it's now corrupted and you would have to start a new sqb file. It's all back up & running again but I was just wondering if there's a way round this.

Any help on this would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Mike

Faramir

Not that I know of. ADU looks up the mode-s codes it sees in the aircraft list in it's own database. In reporter you can make all the changes you want but as soon as ADU sees the mode-s code active again, it changes everything back to the values it finds in the ADU base.

Falcon200EX

I thought as much, I've tried a few different things and each time the info reverts back to the original or corrupts the sbs file. It's a shame but otherwise it's a good piece of kit.
Thanks for your reply.

Faramir

It works but it could be better. Bulk import of airline/ICAO codes isn't possible and several (quite a few) operators are in the database spelled differently. Still, it's useful piece of kit.

How 225

Hi Mike,
I also use ADU with Basestation and I have it set up to use the Popular Name field to highlight anything of special interest. ADU does not overwrite this field so anything you put in it (either by adding it into Basestation Reporter or using the Aircraft details window) will be retained. I then have Basestation set up with a Popular Name column in the aircraft list and Popular Name also added to the Scope field. For example, I typically use the symbol ">>>>>" to identify an aircraft of special interest but you can add things like "new colours" or any other text. This means you can more easily identify aircraft of special interest by displaying text on either or both the aircraft radar display and the aircraft listing. Is this the sort of thing you were looking to achieve?
Howard
How 225

Falcon200EX

Hi Howard,

Thank you for your reply. This is exactly what I was looking to achieve, brilliant. I fully understand the format and settings you use and will get this set up as soon as possible.

Many thanks for your help.

Mike