Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 07:07:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

C17 request

Started by tchawk, April 13, 2023, 10:12:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tchawk

I was surprised to not see this one in your zip s92. If you wouldn't mind, I would love this one please.  ;D We have lots of them around here.

Anmer

Did you do a Gallery search for "C17" in S92driver's Category?

https://radarspotting.com/forum/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=37383

Or look for the RCHC17.bmp in the Zip?
Here to Help.

tchawk

I did but I am using his database and zip file so didn't know about changing his naming convention. He has it in his database as just "C17". I saw that one and can rename it, but I wasn't sure if I should or not for the sake of consistency with what he has going on already.

Edit: I just went ahead and downloaded it and renamed it to C17.

s92driver

Good call, thanks.  I didn't realise it was missing from the generic file   8)

Steve

Anmer

Quote from: s92driver on April 14, 2023, 04:29:07 AM
I didn't realise it was missing from the generic file   8)

It isn't.  It's there.
Here to Help.

tchawk

Quote from: Anmer on April 14, 2023, 08:37:22 AM
Quote from: s92driver on April 14, 2023, 04:29:07 AM
I didn't realise it was missing from the generic file   8)

It isn't.  It's there.

I did a search for C17 in the folder where I unzipped the file into and didn't see it in there. That is why I had requested it originally. Here is my search results. The C17 that is in there currently on the left is the one I downloaded and renamed that you gave me the gallery link to Anmer. The C170, C172, C175 and C172 were originally the only four in there. I apologize if I did something incorrectly, which is entirely possible. Actually, I believe my mistake may have been searching for just C17 and not RCHC17 since the list in VRS was listing the plane selected as just C17 and that is what the database was also listing it as. I just downloaded the RCHC17 from the gallery and renamed it to C17 to match VRS and database and now it populates that .bmp. Sorry for all of the confusion.

Anmer

Quote from: tchawk on April 14, 2023, 09:54:35 AM
I did a search for C17 in the folder where I unzipped the file into and didn't see it in there. ible.

Correct.  It's there named "RCHC17".  There's no standardised naming convention.  Most use the ICAO type code but some creators use other names to differentiate from a basic type silhouette.

S92driver doesn't create basic silhouettes.  He creates coloured side views to depict an aircraft in service.

My post was to confirm to s92driver that RCHC17 was in his Zip.
Here to Help.

tchawk

And that there is why I am asking questions, and thank you for clarifying for me. I was trying to match the .bmps with what the database and the VRS list had and was showing, and it actually should be the other way around, updating the data base ICAO Type Code to match S92's .bmp naming convention to display the correct colored side view silhouettes in VRS. I was a scaredy cat and trying to avoid changing anything in the data base for fear of messing it up since I'm still learning. Thanks again for the patience and clearing it up and my apologies to S92 for saying he didn't have a .bmp he shouldn't have had in the zip file to begin with. Ughh. I feel so dumb.

Anmer

You're not being dumb.  There's a lot to learn and I've been at this for nearly 20 years and still learning.

And that's why this forum exists.  To help others enjoy radarspotting.

Please keep asking questions.
Here to Help.

tchawk

Thanks for the understanding, Anmer. The rikgale VRS Custom Markers as well as the airport outlines for the airports near me are next on my agenda, but they are confusing. I tried the custom markers a bit ago and my web VRS went away and was blank, so deleted that custom content plugin and it's back, so apparently I'm not ready to mess with that just yet. I have the Seattle Tacoma airport outline file downloaded and ready to go but have no idea where it will go, so I still need to research and peruse these forums for tips on that too. It's certainly a steep learning curve and a lot of dynamics to this.