Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 02, 2024, 05:10:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

Reviving the SBS-1

Started by Andyoxon, July 29, 2023, 02:09:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andyoxon

Hi all,
I recently fired up my old SBS-1 this morning. All leds as expected, and even some blue ones with the supplied aerial.
Basestation software downloaded from here (result!) installed on windows 10 machine, and all looks good.

BUT, although the IP address I always used is still good and working well, if I go to the IP address in a browser, it appears the Lantronix page has lost it's way, and I can't change the IP address if I so wish.

Has anyone come across this before, and is there a way to reboot the unit - I was thinking of selling it and it's future owner may require a different IP range etc?

Thanks in advance,
Andy

Anmer

Is all you want to do is change the SBS-1 IP address?

And does your SBS-1 have an Ethernet port?
Here to Help.

Andyoxon

Hi,

Yes, it's an early 5V one which was supplied without the ethernet port. I purchased the mod to provide connectivity.

I'm probably going to sell it, and I would like to know that everything works as expected.

Regards
Andy

Anmer

What IP address does it currently have?
Here to Help.

Andyoxon

Static, at 192.168.0.71

Andy

Anmer

Thanks.  Did you read this Guide?

https://radarspotting.com/forum/index.php?action=tportal;sa=download;dl=item41

I have a utility to reset the Lantronix device if you need it.
Here to Help.

Andyoxon

Thanks Anmer,

I think a resetting utility could be what I need - I can see, and enter data in the Lantronix management page, but changing anything has no effect.

All the time the SBS-1 is on line quite happily, so the Lantronix unit is working; hopefully resetting it will allow me to edit IP addresses etc via it's management page!

Regards
Andy

aviaction

I use a Belkin F5L009 Network USB HUB.which are cheapish secondhand