Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 09:50:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

Forum Version 2.1.4

Started by Anmer, July 30, 2023, 11:15:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anmer

Well, here it is, the upgraded version!

Whilst most features are still available, some are not, simply because the add-ons or "mods" have not been migrated to the latest SMF release.  The most noticeable absence is Chat. The Chat mod doesn't work with SMF Version 2.1 and there's nothing similar that does.  Reluctantly, at least for now, we have to forego Chat!

Some of the old "theme" hasn't made it across but you may not even notice.

And some features that were customisable aren't now.

For example, the login and status are now compressed into a narrow menu bar above the Radarspotting logo.  See attached as it was hard to spot but it's definitely there! 

Similarly, the Stats menu is now a fixed, vanilla, out-of-the-box flavour.

The new version has been tested as much as possible but there may be a few issues we've missed.  If you find any or need help navigating around, please post on this thread.

And finally, a big Thank You to those members who provided invaluable advice and testing during the migration.  It's very much appreciated.
Here to Help.

jakems

Hi

Well done on getting the upgrade done, you must have plenty of patience!

There seems to be a problem with searching the Gallery. I was looking to see if there was a logo for the ANA Aviation College. So I did a search for ANA using the default options and it came up with 7 pages of results. Not surprising, so I thought if I excluded "Search Picture Description" it would reduce things, but I still got 6 pages of results. I thought perhaps it was returning everything with an A or an N in it, but it returned for example CPI.bmp. I then did a search, still excluding "Search Picture Description", for EXS and that seemed to work, all 124 had EXS in the Picture Title. Maybe because ANA is in so many it is overflowing the sort space? Not a big problem, perhaps when you have recovered from the upgrade you could take a look?

Thanks for providing such an excellent resource.
Steve

Anmer

Thanks Steve, there does appear to be something wrong with that Search.

I need to raise it as a Bug Report and see what gives.

Seems a Gallery wide search (not Category specific) is searching the Description even when it's not selected.

I appreciate you reporting this.
Here to Help.

Clubba

The search may need a flush if it's possible with this script, then it should re-index as searches are entered.

shakysen

Boss will we be getting messages back?

Clubba

Quote from: shakysen on July 30, 2023, 02:22:31 PMBoss will we be getting messages back?
I've sent a test message see if you got it, Messages @ top of screen on same line as login.
It's sending and fetching old messages ok seems to be working ok.

Anmer

Quote from: shakysen on July 30, 2023, 02:22:31 PMBoss will we be getting messages back?
Messages are still there, look at your Profile, top left.
Here to Help.

Matthijs

Thanks, it sure looks great. And yes, some things are different and I have to look for it ... but better to stay up-to-date these days  :D

Anmer

Quote from: Matthijs on July 30, 2023, 03:35:47 PMThanks, it sure looks great. And yes, some things are different and I have to look for it ... but better to stay up-to-date these days  :D

Yes, otherwise the Support gets withdrawn and new things don't work with older versions.
Here to Help.

Faramir

Maybe I'm doing something wrong but visiting the forum on my Android phone, the layout does not change. That makes reading messages a bit challenging as I need scroll all the time.

Anmer

On my Android I use Google browser and have to move the page around with my finger!

I'll find out if there's a setting to optimise the layout for mobile phone use.

Thanks for pointing out this issue.
Here to Help.

Anmer

Please try again.  Should be OK now but let me know if not.
Here to Help.

Faramir

Yes, solved! It now changes automatically to the correct orientation and width. Thanks!

Anmer

The upgrade saw a new Notification panel, part of the login dropdown.  The previous Notification settings didn't seem to get carried over.

Here you can set your personal Notifications.
Here to Help.

Anmer

Quote from: jakems on July 30, 2023, 12:45:43 PMThere seems to be a problem with searching the Gallery. I was looking to see if there was a logo for the ANA Aviation College. So I did a search for ANA using the default options and it came up with 7 pages of results. Not surprising, so I thought if I excluded "Search Picture Description" it would reduce things, but I still got 6 pages of results. I thought perhaps it was returning everything with an A or an N in it, but it returned for example CPI.bmp. I then did a search, still excluding "Search Picture Description", for EXS and that seemed to work, all 124 had EXS in the Picture Title. Maybe because ANA is in so many it is overflowing the sort space? Not a big problem, perhaps when you have recovered from the upgrade you could take a look?

Apologies for the delay in getting this fixed but it took a while for the developer to nail the issue.

A patch was released this morning for Gallery and appears to have fixed this issue.  But, I've noticed that the same search with all options unchecked is returning results where I would expect none.  It's unlikely anyone would do such a search but I've reported this back to the developer.

If anyone has any other issues when searching Gallery, please post them here.
Here to Help.