Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 06, 2024, 01:46:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

ModeSDeco2- Map Quit Showing

Started by websterling, August 14, 2023, 05:39:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

websterling

I have been using ModeSDeco2 on a Windows 10 machine, with a RTL-SRD, since the beginning of this year. I have a Google key for the map. Everything had been working fine till last week.

A couple of nights ago, while ModeSDeco2 was running, Windows did a restart after an update. The next morning, when I brought everything back up, the map is no longer showing. Everything else is working as it is supposed to. The map is just blank. I use Chrome primarily, but Firefox and Edge also show a blank map.

If I remove the map key from the .bat, I get the message from Google that the map cannot be displayed properly.

Something unusual- on the MISC tab I have what looks like the information bar usually at the bottom of the map that shows- LAT: 85.05113°  LON: -180.00000°,  DIST: 3262.34 nmi  I'm more or less at Lat:37, Lon:-77

I'm just looking to see if anyone else has had or is having this problem and for guidance on how to fix it.

Thanks, George

Triple7

This started happening for me with ModeSMixer2 in March. There is no fix that I am aware of, I suspect something has "timed out" in the code and as Sergsero hasn't been active here for many months, I doubt it can, or will be fixed.

It looks like you will need to find an alternative display.

Tim
SBS-1eR, FA ProStick + 1090 filter

ffa1978

Use ModesMixer for 2019 year .Now maps works for old version

Anmer

Quote from: ffa1978 on August 15, 2023, 10:06:19 AMUse ModesMixer for 2019 year .Now maps works for old version

The topic is ModeSDeco2 not ModesMixer.  Do you mean ModeSDeco2?
Here to Help.

rikgale

ModeSMixer2 has the same issue with the map no longer working either.

Auto updated daily ZIP files on GitHub

websterling

Not the answer I was hoping for, but thanks for the replies.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a Windows stand alone application that would be a suitable replacement?