Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 18, 2024, 09:59:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

VRS BaseStation.sqb

Started by ve2gqf, August 25, 2023, 05:02:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ve2gqf

I have a question about BaseStation.sqb used on Windows.

I'm using BaseStation.sqb on a networked directory.
VRS, VDL2, and DumpHFDL (not JAERO) are share the same BaseStation.sqb but  VRS in database Writer says Exception caught when starting session : Database is locked.

Is there a way that all this software can share the same BaseStation.sqb ?

Thanks,

Gilles

rikgale

VRS is very precious about what use the DB at the same time as it... and that answer should be nearly nothing. Various updating programmes can hook into the DB and make changes, but unless the DB locks are managed well you will end up with the problem you are having. You are better off using separate DB for each of the programmes.

Auto updated daily ZIP files on GitHub

mhm

Quote from: rikgale on August 25, 2023, 05:48:44 PMVRS is very precious about what use the DB at the same time as it... and that answer should be nearly nothing. Various updating programmes can hook into the DB and make changes, but unless the DB locks are managed well you will end up with the problem you are having. You are better off using separate DB for each of the programmes.

Have to agree with you on this one. Their are to many people who have wrong info in their databases that can overwrite yours. Ime just going through mine and changing the American registered aircraft as some are well out of date. 
Mike
Colon Cancer Survivor for the Time Being