Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 20, 2024, 05:13:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

SQB File

Started by balloonie, October 30, 2023, 10:31:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

balloonie

Morning.
I have just bought another laptop as i need one that will run the new Aerodata when it comes out.

I have installed Basestation and it is working ok but i thought i would copy the Basestation SQB over to the new laptop from the old laptop but the new one does not seem to read the SQB file.

It is in the Basestation folder in the right place, so i must be copying the wrong thing over.

Any ideas please?

Norman.
Balloonie

Anmer

How did you install Basestation on the new laptop?

If you accepted the default file path of ProgramFiles, the active sqb will be in the Virtual Store.  Your existing sqb needs to be placed there.

Google Windows Virtual Store to see how to locate it and then replace the sqb file.
Here to Help.

balloonie

Thanks for the reply.

Have done as Google search suggested but could not get anything up on the screen, will have another go in a while.

Norman.
Balloonie

Anmer

The VirtualStore is found under your User in AppData -> Local -> VirtualStore

Then you should find in VirtualStore -> Program Files (x86) {assumes 64 bit Windows} -> Kinetic

But to see this path you need to change Windows Explorer options to View "Show hidden files, folders and drives".

Googling VirtualStore will offer better examples of what you need to do.
Here to Help.

balloonie

Morning Anmer.

A friend who came round last night sorted it out.

Thank you.

Norman.
Balloonie

Anmer

Thanks for the update.  Good to know you resolved it.

Your friend sounds like a better option than this forum  8)
Here to Help.