Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 04, 2024, 04:31:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

Alternative Image Solutions for VRS?

Started by dodsy1, November 12, 2023, 11:23:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dodsy1

With Airport data down yet again, is there any alternative options to show aircraft images within VRS specifically on the beta 3.

Faramir

Been busy with that also. Add the images you want to show (you need the image files) and store them in de photos directory in your VRS environment. Add as path /root/.local/share/VirtualRadar/photos in the WebAdmin. That should do it. Getting the images is the hard part :-)

dodsy1

Quote from: Faramir on November 12, 2023, 09:06:05 PMBeen busy with that also. Add the images you want to show (you need the image files) and store them in de photos directory in your VRS environment. Add as path /root/.local/share/VirtualRadar/photos in the WebAdmin. That should do it. Getting the images is the hard part :-)

Yeah. I know of that option, but it's not really an easy solution given the sheer number of aircraft around.

rikgale

I would also point out that the path that Faramir has given for the Pictures / Photos folder will vary depending on how, where and which operating system you installed VRS on. If you are running VRS from within the SDR-E VRS docker container then the path given is 100% correct. On every other set-up it will fail.

Auto updated daily ZIP files on GitHub

Faramir

Thanks Rik, I forgot to mention that. My apologies.