Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 19, 2024, 05:28:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

Not another new laptop install question

Started by moonie31, November 30, 2023, 07:30:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moonie31

Evening all,

Im a long time user of an original SBS-1 but I haven't got much of a clue when it comes to set ups etc.

I have bought a new windows 11 laptop all ready to get basestation up and running again. I have downloaded the .184 zip file ready to go but as yet not done anything with it.

I believe in the past I have installed it in the default location (virtual store) and ill be ok transferring my .SQB, logos across.

so here are my questions

1. Does windows 11 install to the virtual store or have windows come up with another genius way of installing programs??

2. In the past i have installed outlines etc using Active Display, as this is no longer available can i transfer my .ini file to the new set up for the outlines to appear?

3. I have somehow lost the shortcut to basestation reporter, will this reappear with the new install?

4. I am a user of Amners and Piotrs MMS 2. Can i Just copy the folder across from my old laptop, change all the port numbers etc and will it then work??

Think thats it for now, any help is much appreciated

Regards

Andy (moonie 31)

Anmer

Windows 11 uses the Virtual Store but you can always install Basestation in a different folder of your choice.  That's my preferred option.

You can copy the existing Basestation folder to your new one.  That will preserve all your existing settings.  Just make sure you grab the Files from the Virtual Store as well.

As for MMS2 you should be OK doing what you suggest.

You can easily create a desktop shortcut for Basestation and Reporter (and other apps).  Google how to do it.

Any problems, post back here.
Here to Help.

moonie31

Thanks for the speedy response

i will endeavour to get it up and running tomorrow

cheers 

Andy

moonie31

Hi all,

Just to let you all kmow that everything is transferred over and working fine.

The only stumbling block was locating the virtual store but a quick google search helped with that.

It amazes me how much quicker these SSD hard drives are.

Heres to many more years of radarspotting!!!

Regards

Andy

Anmer

Well done Andy and thanks for updating this thread.

I always advise members to Google "Windows Virtual Store".  Easier than trying to explain it  ;)
Here to Help.