Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 13, 2024, 01:12:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

Recent Logos

Started by BLACKHAWK101, December 28, 2023, 04:23:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLACKHAWK101

Good afternoon Guys,
During the last year we have seen a large increase in some members doing logos which are basiclly company logos but are not of an actual plane/helicopter etc. These are fantastic to look at and i would like to use some, the problem is that there is no registration to tie the logo, to an actual plane/helicopter which makes using them very difficult. THIS IS IN NO WAY ME MOANING just after some help, is it possable that the members who produce these fantastic pieces of art can add a registration to aid in adding them into our databases.
Many thanks and regards
Steve Coulson

Anmer

Unfortunately there's no agreed file naming convention.

The majority of logos I use are either for airlines or aircraft silhouettes.  I use the ICAO codes in both cases.  For example BAW.bmp for British Airways or C172.bmp for a Cessna 172.

I sometimes veer away from this if I want to show a specific aircraft.  What I've found easiest (for searching my own OperatorFlags folder) is to standardise by using the relevant ICAO code with suffix.

For example I have side views for some military types, such as A400s for different Air Forces.  I name these A400_RAF, A400_GAF, A400_TURK, A400_BAF etc.

I don't use specific aircraft airline logos but if I did I would do something similar, such as BAW_GZBKA.

Just a thought.

Here to Help.