Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 03, 2024, 05:16:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

Basestation randomly crashing

Started by Carlos, January 07, 2024, 12:24:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carlos

Hi,

I have been having a problem with my basestation crashing randomly over the last several months. I never seems to be the same aircaft that is shown as being the error.

I thought it was working fine again after replacing the basestation.exe with another copy I have, but this morning after running for a couple of hours it has crashed again.

I use an RTL 820T2 dongle and modesdeco2.

I have to delete my sqb file and copy an old copy for it to work again. I am wondering of anyone else has had this error and if so did they manage to get it fixed?

Thanks

Carl

Faramir

Do you maybe have a logo that is the wrong format? That could also crash the program.
You can check it with the BMPCheck

Carlos

I have tried bmpcheck but no errors were found.

Thanks for the suggestion of trying that.

Carl

Anmer

How many bmp files are there in the OperatorFlags folder?
Here to Help.

Carlos

There are just over 6000 files in the folder.

Anmer

Thanks.  And how much RAM memory is installed?

And do you update the sqb manually or do you use another app or import data?
Here to Help.

Carlos

It has 2gb of RAM.
I used to use active display lite to populate new aircraft but I use Planebases PBlite now.
I do manually add in when I have seen an aircraft though.

I have even used old copies of my sqb files which I know never used to crash, I don't add anything or use pblink but it still crashes.
It's really frustrating. I know my tablet is getting long in the tooth now(10 years old) so I might just have to buy a new one.

Thanks

Carl

Anmer

Close Basestation and rename the sqb file to BasestationOld.sqb.

Restart Basestation which will create a new, empty sqb file.  Let it run for a while and see if it crashes.  Don't run PBlink at the same time. 
Here to Help.

Carlos

I will try that and see what happens.

Thanks

Carl

Carlos

My basestation still crashed so I totally removed it and modesdeco2 and reinstalled them both.
It hasn't crashed since so it looks like it's fixed now.

Thanks

Carl

Anmer

Thanks for the update and good to hear it's stable again.
Here to Help.