Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 03, 2024, 08:33:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

PiAware MLAT Aircraft on Basestation Map

Started by Anmer, March 26, 2024, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anmer

I'm running PiAware on an RPi and feeding FlightAware and FR24.  No problem there.

I run ModeSMixer2 to feed Basestation and my bat file is as follows:

@echo off
CMD /c I:\MSM2\modesmixer2.exe --inConnect 192.168.1.136:30003 --inConnect 192.168.1.136:30105 --filter-nocountry --outServer sbs10001:10002
exit

By including port 30105 I can see FlightAware MLAT plots on the Basestation map as well as ADS-B aircraft, as expected.

The problem is helping a forum member to achieve the same result - FlightAware MLAT plots on the Basestation map.

Using the same inConnect ports, everything works as expected.  Except no MLAT plots appear on the Basestation map.

The only difference, apart from IP address, is additionally feeding ADSBExchange.

ModeSMixer is showing inConnect "connected" to both ports.

Does anyone have any suggestions regarding the lack of MLAT plots on the Basestation map? I'm out of ideas!
Here to Help.

rikgale

Hi Anmer

Is the other fourm memebers location set properly on the Flightaware and make sure they are participating in MLAT, so you at last know they should be getting data back. You may have already done this.

Having another feed to ADSBExchange should not affect the FA Mlat results. It might be worth seeing if you can connect to the ADSBEx MLAT back feed, which I believe is on port 30157.

Rik

Auto updated daily ZIP files on GitHub

Anmer

Thanks Rik, some useful suggestions there.  Will pursue them.
Here to Help.

Anmer

Hi Rik

Coordinatesnd PiAware MLAT participation is OK.

Is there a log or something that can check the RPi output on port 30105?
Here to Help.

rikgale

I've never used the Piaware image so I am not completely up to speed with how it all works, but this post (2nd entry) has the commands you might need to access the logs

https://discussions.flightaware.com/t/flightaware-piaware-running-log/52472

Did you try hooking up to the ADSBExchange MLAT feed?

rikgale

you could also see if data is coming of the port
nc IP-OF-Pi 30105
e.g.
nc 127.0.0.1 30105
or
nc 192.168.x.x 30105 (replace x with appropriate numbers)

If you get some random garbage then you are getting beast mlat data

Please note my port is different as I have a different set up, but the image is an example of what you should be expecting to see

Anmer

Just to close this thread.

I suspected th issue was a Basestation setting.

To get PiAware MLAT on port 30105 to display on the Basestation map, the Message Filtering in Data Settings needed to be checked as shown in the attached:

Process Mode-S Air to Air Replies
Process TIS-B Messages
Process ADS-R Messages

Here to Help.

rikgale

Pleased to hear that you got to the bottom of the issue.

terrywadeairbus

Thank you Rik & Anmer for your help over this matter

Terry

Oldfella

G'day Anmer, I run my setup very similar to you as in your first post in this topic. Except (there always be an except) my outserver is --outServer sbs10001:10001 where you use :10002. Just curious as to why and what are the pros and cons?

BTW, I also have those three boxes ticked in the Message Filtering settings.

Thanks in advance.
Oldfella

Anmer

Quote from: Oldfella on March 29, 2024, 12:16:00 AMExcept (there always be an except) my outserver is --outServer sbs10001:10001 where you use :10002. Just curious as to why and what are the pros and cons?

I think I wanted to be sure, when testing, that Basesation waas connecting to MSM2 and not an SBS receiver.

I'm sure it could be any unused port?  Just need to point Basestation at the same one.
Here to Help.