Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 19, 2024, 03:03:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

ACARS and DATA

Started by airladysmith, November 06, 2012, 06:14:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

airladysmith

Hi All ,

Have my SBS3 decoding ACARS .  But have two questions  ???

I can only it get it to decode one Freq at a time  .  We do have four freq's here in western Canada .

So I have Tune A  set at 130.000   and the other boxes below set for 131.5500  and 131.4750  - Only 131.4750 is showing in the display window  .

Am I missing something  - not that it is a big deal for me . I am using ACARSD anyway - just hate to be beat when the SBS3 should display all of the Acars Freq's  in the display window .

Next subject is  -  Were is a good CSV. file convert to TXT.  file to be found - Be nice to convert the SBS3 ACARS Logs so they can be sent to the ACARS sits I use  .

Think Kinetic have a long way to go on the ACARS side of their SBS3  -  ACARSD generates a very good daily report !!  . Hope they look at that in the next SBS3 ACARS  upgrades

Now have my SBS3 on Ethernet  - nothing wrong on the side of the operation  ;D

Thanks

Tony

Ladysmith
Vancouver Island

airladysmith

Hi , These are the settings for my ACARS SBS3

Tony 

[Attachment deleted by Admin to save file space]

Anmer

Hi Tony

Totally agree about Kinetic's ACARS offering.

Not sure why you're not seeing anything on 131.550?  Are there messages on this frequency and have you scrolled through the whole list?

Word can open a CSV file.  How do you delimit the txt file?
Here to Help.

acarslogger

Hi Tony,

Interesting questions you raise, but let's initially concentrate on decoding your acars frequency 131.550.
I can receive 4 acars channels at the same time here in SE England.

So clutching at straws, can you try a few tests to see if you get any messages on 131.550.

First experiment -- I see that your SDR 2 is set to Tuner A (your active Tuner) and although it hasn't an entered frequency it has a signal strength (RSSI) of 48. Try setting SDR 2 to Tuner B.
You may need to stop and re-start Tuner A. Does that decode messages on 131.550 ?

Second experiment --  Set Tuner A to 130.000. Add 131.550 into SDR 1. Add 131.475 into SDR 2. Set SDRs 3 to 6 to Tuner B. Make sure you stop and restart the Tuners. Any joy in decoding both frequencies. ?

Third experiment --  Reverse the settings; set Tuner A to 130.000. Add 131.475 into SDR 1. Add 131.550 into SDR 2. Set SDRs 3 to 6 to Tuner B. Any difference ?

As I said clutching at straws; no reason why it should make any difference, but you never know the peculiarities of the SDR software.

Regards
Stuart

airladysmith

Thanks Start ,

Yes it will decode 131.5500  - But only by its self  - just like 131.4750  .

Will play around with it and let you know  .

Pity it will not set up a report page like ACARSD though  . 

Think there will be some updates as time goes by  -  There is so much Data stored in the BaseStationReporter  . I hope they can have the ACARS talk to it and generate a daily report showing Hex /Registration/Type serial numbers /Routes  etc. 

Back to seeing if I can get it to decode more than one Freq . ???

Tony

Anmer

Quote from: airladysmith on November 06, 2012, 08:29:33 PM
Thanks Start ,
Think there will be some updates as time goes by  -  There is so much Data stored in the BaseStationReporter  . I hope they can have the ACARS talk to it and generate a daily report showing Hex /Registration/Type serial numbers /Routes  etc. 

A number of us proposed something similar when the ACARS beta was released.  But no response from Kinetic.
Here to Help.

Mature68

Hi There

I have my (a) Tuner set to 133.000 which is the middle freq for the 5 freq i have in,
131.525, 131.550, 131.725, 131.850, 136.750 am with squelch off.

Hope this might help.

Brian