Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 05, 2024, 06:03:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

Mode A/C Pulse rate display

Started by Saudistu, November 30, 2012, 09:15:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saudistu

I have been playing around with radar.txt file again and when I looked at the Wiki for Planeplotters Beamfinder Plus I found a picture showing the Pulse Rate screen. It has clearly defined lines. Mine has a lot of green on it that normally would be described as noise maybe ?Anyone else have the same with their Pulse Rate screen ? Thanks for any input.

[Attachment deleted by Admin to save file space]

alpey

Hi Saudistu

I have no explanation ........

Regards.....Alain
Beast, PlanePlotter (GS/MU AP)

Bethsalem

Yep, mine is very similar. So similar in fact that it's not worth attaching a screenshot to this reply. Try as I might I cannot get Beamfinder or Beamfinder Plus to work for me.

junglejet

EDDM - lots of traffic, lots of SSR radars, lots of replies!

Bethsalem

junglejet, do you have Beamfinder Plus working then?

satcom

Mode A/C screen should look something like the ones at the foot of the page here

http://satcomuk.yolasite.com/blank.php

Saudistu

Maybe I didn't make myself completely clear. My Beamfinder Plus is working. I have around 4 stations with Mode-A/C: Salzburg, Laupheim, Oberpfaffenhofen and one that I am guessing is Stuttgart. I have also around three BF+ S sites: Manching, Lechfeld and another I cannot remember, but I think it is just one of the Munich Airport sites. On top of this I have a few normal Beamfinders working. Maybe my screen is so cluttered because I am only 8Nm from MUC. One of the reasons I was asking is because Günther has a radar.txt file with three Mode-A/C sites that I never pick up. Maybe due to range problems, but he has a couple in Poland and one other that give good results for traffic around the MUC area. He also had good results from Linz, but that seems to be a problem for me nowadays. Maybe another radarhead has started with the same ident code. It would be good to have a list of everyones findings covering all Beamfinding options, II, SI, ZS, ZZ. The one that Günther started appears to have not been updated in a long time and I know that this is  only a sideline for him. He is more interested in the technical side than the spotting side if you know what I mean.   

satcom

The best way is to create a file of your own using the tools Bev has provided

The key is to disregard any cluttered results and concentrate on those
which give  lines focussed to one point.
If using BF ,  BFPlus and BF plus S you only need two or three of each
to give good results.

I find a combination of BFPlus and BFPlus S the best

junglejet

Quote from: Bethsalem on November 30, 2012, 12:45:50 PM
junglejet, do you have Beamfinder Plus working then?

No, regrettably it's not of any use in my area. Only clustered Mode-S and A1000 does the rest.

alpey

Hi
This image appears similar to that of Satcom. The site is very interresting.....
Thanks

Regards.....Alain
Beast, PlanePlotter (GS/MU AP)