Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 22, 2024, 04:28:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

RadarBox24 vs Flightradar24 - The Truth

Started by Anmer, April 02, 2013, 08:38:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anmer

AirNav announced on 31/03/2013 that it was no longer selling data to Flightradar24.  It appears Flightradar24 cancelled the contract due to poor data quality from AirNav,

AirNav's announcement trumpeted that AirNav Systems is the world's leading provider of real-time ADS-B flight data and what we see on RadarBox24 is unique.

So I have just tested those claims.  As usual with AirNav, the reality is always a long way from the truth and doesn't bear scrutiny.

These comparative screenshots were captured within 5 seconds of each other.  FR24 on the left or top, RB24 on the right or bottom.

I've split them over two posts as each post only allows 4 attachments.

First of all, Europe, North America, South America and Australasia. Then India, Asia and Africa.

See for yourself which tracking website has more traffic.

Interesting to see that Flightradar24 has so much more, the vast majority shared voluntarily compared to AirNav automatically harvesting traffic from its customers without their express permission.

[Attachment deleted by Admin to save file space]
Here to Help.

Anmer

And now for India, Asia and Africa.

Here to Help.

birdie

Well done, Anmer.

When a LIE is repeated many times - people whose IQ below 5 tend to believe the liar.

:) ;D :o
To give "Unique Coverage of WSSS" in www.Radarbox24.com !

junglejet

While I agree about RB24 general behaviour, every single flight not shown on FR24 is a loss for me. There are some peculiar areas where RB had exclusive coverage. Sal and South Morocco two of them.

Anmer

Saw this "advert" on the RadarBox24.com Facebook page.

If RadarBox24.com is "the biggest ADS-B Sharing Community", why does it show significantly less aircraft than Flightradar24?   And why, having added 200 new Non-RadarBox sharers in 3 months, are there less aircraft than there were 3 months ago?

More AirNav lies.

Here to Help.

satcom

Not sure what the figures are for either [although FR24 seems to be about 3,000 ], but ...  for comparison PP was showing the following a  few minutes ago.... 1700 GMT

PP users;1024;
PP acft;5331;plus of course  91,600 mlat  fixes so far today

PP a/c data does "not" include an FAA feed .

Suspect that puts Radarbox24 in third place....  ?????

birdie

One new comedian wanted to know how to cover WSSS and is complaining about AirNav's USUAL NO RESPONSE.

http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=7809.0

TGA388

Airnav RB in Singapore
« on: June 16, 2013, 03:35:02 pm »
Hi all, I know this subject ha been discussed before, but can anyone tell me the latest in regards to using RadarBox in Singapore? Are there still problems receiving signals in the area between LAT 2N and 2S?
I am planning a trip there in September and I am hoping to use my RB there

Many thanks in advance

Dave

TGA388

Re: Airnav RB in Singapore
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2013, 07:57:18 am »
I sent an email to Airnav support re the Singapore bug issue and received the usual auto response... since then, nothing. If there is a bug fix out there could someone please let me know where it is, or has it got lost around the equator?

Note to Airnav support, if you send a message saying the issue is being looked into, please respond to the support request by doing something more than just auto replying.

Many thanks, maybe someone will see this and respond.
Runway 31

Database Updaters

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2013, 08:01:19 am »
There is no bug fix for this at this time it will be contained within 4.04 which is not available yet officially or unofficially.

A fix was given to a former user in Singapore to trial as part of the 4.04 package and as far as  I am aware it was succesful as returns were seen from there.

Alan
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 08:15:33 am by Runway 31 »
AirNav Support

AirNav Systems

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2013, 09:36:58 am »
The 4.04 was part of a beta test so not a technical bug fix given out to customers as such.

Apologies for the lack of response as the email was passed on as we cannot give out the 4.04 from support. Hopefully we will have a version soon to release.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
support@airnavsystems.com

birdie

See today's WSSS "unique coverage".

birdie

AirNav Systems

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2013, 09:36:58 am »
The 4.04 was part of a beta test so not a technical bug fix given out to customers as such.

Apologies for the lack of response as the email was passed on as we cannot give out the 4.04 from support. Hopefully we will have a version soon to release.

Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
support@airnavsystems.com

===================

But AirNav support gave me a copy of 4.04 and it stole my Flight Data without my permission.

Anmer

It's nearly two months since I did the last comparison with Flightradar24 and it looks like RadarBox24 is falling further behind.

Where are the "hundreds" of new feeders and RadarBox units that AirNav claims to be adding every month?

Here to Help.

Sun Worshipper

That is a very, very sad comparison between the two products.

I am amazed that Air Nav are still trading given this, the farce that was/is Ship Trax and the fact that no-one wants a Radarbox anymore.

There has to be some angle there somewhere, Brandao may be a liar but I think when it comes to screwing money out of people, he's pretty shrewd!

Anmer

It looks even worse in Asia.

Let's not forget that Brandao has abandoned his RadarBox customers (and forum) to focus on RadarBox24.com.  The iOS app was supposed to be available at the end of July but is nowhere to be seen.

He needs to sell apps to recover the development cost but how can he compete with such abysmal coverage?

Here to Help.

Anmer

I see AirNav's feeder recruitment program is narrowing the gap.  :)

Here to Help.

Sun Worshipper

Nice comparison.

A picture says more than a thousand words.

Anmer

Mind you, SE Asia has improved dramatically over the last 5 months.  ;)

Here to Help.