Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 02, 2024, 02:33:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

Display settings issue

Started by benji1867, June 01, 2013, 04:56:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

benji1867

Hi guys

Wonder if anyone can help, up until recently i could go into settings > display settings as normal but recently when i click on display settings it freezes my basestation and i have to end the session and restart.

any ideas?

cheers in advance
Ben
SBS 1er and PP Master User.

Keef

That's a new one to me.

Maybe try getting a new copy of basestation.exe (either from Kinetic or a backup/cd of your own).
Of course the latest version from Kinetic may be different from your current version, but for the most part that shouldn't matter.

Make sure you backup the current basestation.exe somewhere safe then drop in the 'new' exe and try that.

If it gets worse or doesn't fix it you can always go back to as you are now as you'll have a backup of your current executable safely stored  :)

I'm really only guessing, but it seems worth a try.

Cheers,

Keef.

Anmer

In 8 years of using Basestation I've never heard of this before.

As Keef has suggested, maybe run a new version of Basestation?

Or rename the Basestation.ini file, close and restart Basestation to create a new ini.

Then see if you get the same issue?
Here to Help.

benji1867

right, tried both of these to no avail  :-\ any further ideas people, its really starting to niggle me now.

cheers
Ben

Graham Bell

Try a System Restore to a known point when BaseStation was working satisfactorily,if that makes no difference you can undo this restore to recover your original settings,and if successful you will need to discover what you or your computer did between this point and the time that BaseStation became a problem.   
Regards-
G.B.

benji1867

All sorted guys, made copies of my flags, way points, sqb, ini and basestation, tried combinations of all of them and nothing seemed to resolve it so i backed up my sqb, flags, waypoints and then deleted everything basestation related off my machine, downloaded it again and then re-introduced my backed up files and it seems to be working ok

cheers all
Ben