Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 17, 2024, 11:59:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

ZZ331

Started by Hamish McTorsk, June 28, 2013, 02:38:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hamish McTorsk

A Royal Air Force KC2 Voyager reg. ZZ331 just flew over my house, it was on full ADS-B, origin Brize Norton landed in Copenhagen 20 mins ago.
Does anybody have any idea why it is here ??

Managed to get a reasonable snap of it as it flew overhead.
Click on thumbnail for a larger image.

Anmer

Quote from: Hamish McTorsk on June 28, 2013, 02:38:39 PM
origin Brize Norton landed in Copenhagen 20 mins ago.
Does anybody have any idea why it is here ??

Have you been to Brize Norton?

;)
Here to Help.

Hamish McTorsk

Maybe the crew prefers the night life here  8)

satcom

Copenhagen seems to be a popular destination at present....the Dept of Justice N977GA  [ Hamsa Express ] landed there last monday , the same day that Snowden was put in limbo  , airside , at Moscow airport.

Hamish McTorsk

Thanks John, I believe that I may have snapped the rendition express as it flew overhead, there were 2 or three Gulfstreams that day.
I am still very curious as to why ZZ331 was/is here.

viking9

It's called a 'jolly', Hamish. Copenhagen is a good place for a 'run ashore' as they say in the Royal Navy.  ;)
Tom

Hamish McTorsk

Quote from: viking9 on June 29, 2013, 09:33:43 AM
It's called a 'jolly', Hamish. Copenhagen is a good place for a 'run ashore' as they say in the Royal Navy.  ;)
Thanks Tom, seems to me that a 'Jolly' which involves such an aircraft and crew is a touch extravagant considering the dire economic times in which we find ourselves.

mhm

H

It would seem that ZZ330 and ZZ331 have it as a second home, this info came from another forum
Mike
Colon Cancer Survivor for the Time Being

Hamish McTorsk

Thanks for that Mike  :)

satcom

Quote from: Hamish McTorsk on June 29, 2013, 08:57:45 AM
Thanks John, I believe that I may have snapped the rendition express as it flew overhead, there were 2 or three Gulfstreams that day.
I am still very curious as to why ZZ331 was/is here.

Just for the record , N977GA is now mid Atlantic on its way back to Washington....wonder if they have an  pob ?