Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 19, 2024, 09:37:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

ModeSMixer - console Windows/Linux COM-TCP mixer/transcoder for ModeS messages

Started by sergsero, July 27, 2013, 10:42:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sergsero

ModeSMixer v.20131121
+ option --outServer sbs10001:10001 emulates receiver SBS-1/3 and allows you to connect program BaseStation.exe v.180 to modesmixer directly.
+ option --inConnect ip:port allows you to connect to the receiver SBS-1/3 directly through the his ethernet port. Determination of type of the receiver is in automatic mode.

ModeSMixer is a console (command line) program that can do:
- merging data from any number of ModeS tcp-sources: binBEAST, AVR, AVRMLAT, SBS30006, SBS10001, MSG and/or physical serial devices - COM*-ports in Windows or /dev/tty's in Linux to merged output stream.  This stream, in turn, may be issued to the network in various formats simultaneously. Data format of input tcp-sources is automatically recognized. Incoming data may be both inConnect (pull from <address>:<port>) and inServer (listen data on own TCP-port <port>).
- decoding/transcoding the input data to different formats to output: binBEAST, AVR, AVRMLAT, SBS30006, SBS10001 and MSG as required by user.
- splitting output data stream for any number of IP-clients in the following formats: binBEAST, AVR, AVRMLAT, SBS30006, SBS10001 and MSG. The output data can be both outConnect (push <address>:<port>) and outServer (listen request on own TCP-port <port>).

Example:
C:/>modesmixer.exe --inConnect 192.168.0.2:50040 --inConnect 127.0.0.1:30040 --inSerial COM1:3000000:hardware inConnect 192.168.0.170:10001 --outServer msg:30003 --outConnect msg:192.168.0.3:31003 --outServer sbs10001:10001

When you try to launch the modesmixer and you can get an error that msvcp110.dll or/and msvcr110.dll is missing.
Please, get the actual Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 4 from the Microsoft site: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30679
The Visual C++ Redistributable Packages install runtime components that are required to run C++ applications built with Visual Studio 2012.

In the archive modesmixer_xp.exe is the same program, but was compiled with obsolete libraries for compatibility with windows XP.

sergsero

ModeSMixer v.20131121 above

sergsero

ModeSMixer v.20131202

+ was changed byte ordering of data for counter MLAT in BEAST binary output format
+ was changed MLAT counter resolution to 500 ns
+ added processing data for ADS-R (Automatic Dependent Surveillance – Re-broadcast, DF18 CF=6). Need use options --filter-nocountry

IanH

Like Triple7 here: http://radarspotting.com/forum/index.php/topic,3938.0.html
I wanted to share BaseStation output across a LAN.

ModeSMixer works very well for that and raised my interest in the program.

So when I saw a long thread on the other site
http://www.radarspotters.eu/forum/index.php/topic,7616.0.html
I had to read it  :o to find out what else it could do. There are a lot of requests for additional features that sergsero added and the current version is powerful.

I quite liked the output of Globe_S that is used to display RTL1090 output from a dongle not least because it shows assigned altitudes. There is a standalone version available but I could never get it to work from BaseStation using the Com2TCP, etc programs despite many attempts.

Someone else wanted this and sergsero added the necessary code to output on either Globe_S mini and the GlobeS RTL1090 version (the RTL version seems to have all the functionality in a simpler interface).

With ModeSMixer, it took about 5 minutes to figure it out the command line and now I have it working.

This is my command line (saved as a text file in the folder for modeSmixer, eg startmodeSmixer.txt and then renamed startmodeSmixer.bat so I can double click on it when I want to start the program:
modesmixer2\modesmixer2.exe --inConnect 192.168.0.170:10001 --outServer sbs10001:10001 --globes 31008:table2:EGNX

192.168.0.170 is my SBS-1e (but it could be the shared output from a PC running BaseStation).

The final three parameters for the --globes option [31008, table2, EGNX] come from globesrtl1090:

Click on the gear wheel on the bottom bar to find those:

Off to explore more options and also the Deco program.

Edit: also works with FR24 receiver output. Port 30003 does not show assigned altitudes. Port 30334 (recognised as Beast output) does show assigned altitudes.

mezoo

Just to complete the list.

Also works fine with the RadarCape using port 10002.
(Finally managed to get ADLite to work by using modesmixer to 'translate' the TCP stream for Basestation)

Now looking for a way to connect it to a merged feed from a rebroadcast server of VRS.

Anybody got this to work ?
(I always get 'Computer refused connection' error - not sure if this is a PC problem.)

IanH

Just tried VRS on Win7. Data input from SBS-1e and FR24 (port 30334) receivers.

Successfully rebroadcast merged feed as Basestation format on port 33001.

Even stopped feed from each receiver to check that output continued - no problems.

Note that there were requests to allow data through the Windows firewall which I allowed. I wonder if the firewall is blocking port 33001 - try another one.

mezoo