Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 19, 2024, 05:06:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

ModeSDeco2 and ModeSMixer2 - console programs for RTLSDR and transcoding

Started by sergsero, August 09, 2013, 03:08:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andtay and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

sergsero

H Marcio,

You need look for the reason of non-receipt of data from some sources. There are existing examples when merged data from about 20 sources simultaneously.
In the next version I will try to increase the number of options for maps that Google supports.

Thanks,
sergsero

mlino

Quote from: sergsero on April 12, 2015, 01:17:31 PM
H Marcio,

You need look for the reason of non-receipt of data from some sources. There are existing examples when merged data from about 20 sources simultaneously.
In the next version I will try to increase the number of options for maps that Google supports.

Thanks,
sergsero

@sergsero,

Nice to hear that. I gonna try to fix this thing, but for now it's working with 4 sources. Please take a look at 162.243.32.213:8088/#Map

Cheers,

Marcio

mlino

@Sergsero,

Would be great if you can add an way to identify the remote station that is sending data to a modesmixer2 instance, such as a label shown on flights page.

Cheers,

Marcio

mlino

Hello,

Is it possible ti run modesdeco2 on a cubie board running the following Linux image?

Linux Cubian 3.4.75-sun7i #35 SMP PREEMPT Sat Feb 8 02:10:31 CST 2014 armv7l GNU/Linux

Regards,

Marcio

sergsero

Hello,

In Cubieboard family now there are 4 models. If you say about Cubieboard-2, which built SoC A20 ARM Cortex-A7 Dual-core (ARMv7-A) 1 GHz, please use a version of software for the same platform - Banana Pi: modesdeco2_bpi_20150321.tgz.

Thanks,
sergsero

mlino

Quote from: sergsero on April 15, 2015, 04:14:13 PM
Hello,

In Cubieboard family now there are 4 models. If you say about Cubieboard-2, which built SoC A20 ARM Cortex-A7 Dual-core (ARMv7-A) 1 GHz, please use a version of software for the same platform - Banana Pi: modesdeco2_bpi_20150321.tgz.

Thanks,
sergsero

@Sergsero,

Yes, is the Cubie-2 board with A20 processor. I will get the mentioned file.

Thanks,

Marcio

Carlos

Hello all,

I see earlier in the thread that it had been advised to upgrade Basestation to version 1.2.4.184. I still cant get modesdeco2 to work with Basestation and am wondering now if its down to my version which is 1.2.3.146?

Best Regards

Carl

Keef

Carl,

I think it is almost certain your basestation version is the issue.
I believe the login handshake was changed in Basestation and ModeSDeco2 uses the later protocol.

All you need to do is download the .184 exe and replace the .exe file (make a backup of your original .exe as .old just in case).

http://www.kinetic-avionics.co.uk/basestationdownloads1.php#1

There is no need to re-install the software, a simple replacement of basestation.exe will do the trick.
Make sure you extract the .zip file and use the extracted .exe though.

Cheers,

Keef.

Carlos

Keef,

That was it!!!  ;D I have replaced the exe and it now works!

When I go back to my sbs-1 that works too.

I am so happy as this has been so frustrating.

Thank you for your help Keef it is very much appreciated.

Also thanks to others who have given me help previously on this.

Best Regards

Carl

Keef

prog

Quote from: sergsero on January 01, 2015, 03:33:22 AM
Hello Oldfella,

AirSpy is a very good SDR receiver. Not less important, I think, because Youssef and Co. are very good programmers, that in Software Defined Radio system is essential :).
I think that the opportunities of AirSpy for ADS-B can be compared with Gunter's Beast. With one exception, that being wide-band, it does not have a narrow preselector on 1090MHz. And it will need help from BPF.

I did only test version of the program to verify that it works for ADS-B with new SDR receivers AirSpy and HackRF. It is works. However, this was done by simply replacing the front-end. To get real benefits compared with RTL dongle, need to rewrite the decoder, which will be able to fully use the potential of the more powerful hardware. First of all to take advantage of the oversampling and 70-75dB dynamic range due to 12bit ADC (AirSpy) instead of the ~46dB with RTL dongle.

In my opinion, given its high performance and cost, it is more appropriate to use as a full band SDR receiver.

Soon to be a new version ModeSDeco2 with a WEB interface for viewing statistics and maps:

Happy New Year

Sincerely,
sergsero

Hi Sergsero et al.

Thanks for the kind words :-) I developed recently an ADSB decoder for Airspy which takes advantage of the oversampling and runs on the Real (not IQ) stream to provide a very good time resolution. It can be downloaded from http://airspy.com/downloads/adsbspy.zip
It's still in beta stage but the performance is quite acceptable. If you're interested in integrating this algo into your decoder, I can send some code.

Youssef

sergsero

Hello Youssef,

I have "exe"-versions in retrospect, starting with the first of 5 April.

If I understand you correctly, of course, I will be interesting to see the source code of your new decoding algorithm, which takes advantage of the oversampling and runs on the real stream, to be able to use it for implement support of airspy receiver in modesdeco2.

I think that the details can be discussed in PM.

Sincerely,
Sergey /sergsero

caius

Quote from: thebaldgeek on April 02, 2015, 01:04:28 AM
I also would like the --location option in modesMixer2.exe for the web data it provides (range plot in HighCharts).

I also do not see radius lines on the map in any of the three browsers I have tested on.

I'd like to see this too. I'm using dump1090-mutability to decode, and modesmixer to distribute data elsewhere. It would be good to have a local display of the polar plot, histogram and map coverage without having to run more software continuously. VRS does some of it, but it's a bit of a hack running it on a raspberry pi.

EDDG

Hey Sergsero,

is there something wrong with my configuration when i receive no Mode A/C? I'm using latest software version with a R820T2 USB-Stick.

RTL1090 is receiving Mode A/C data. Maybe the problem is in front of the hardware :) ;)!

Do you have any ideas?

Best regards,
Peter

EDIT: Ok, it`s in front of the hardware :) - with --rbs everything is ok :)!

[Attachment deleted by Admin to save file space]