Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 17, 2024, 01:11:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

ModeSDeco2 and ModeSMixer2 - console programs for RTLSDR and transcoding

Started by sergsero, August 09, 2013, 03:08:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sergsero

Hi,

The difference in structure of program options really exist and it is because in ModeSMixer2 is necessary to additionally specify the server type (in.../out..., ...Server/...Connect). At the time in ModeSDeco2 network output is always as listening TCP-server and differences only in format of output data and ports.

sergsero

LX-LGN

Quote from: sergsero on April 27, 2015, 08:01:02 AM
Hi Triple7,
Quote from: Triple7 on April 26, 2015, 02:13:31 PMI just wrote a few words on how to use them

You do the work, which is often more important, that programs will be finding its users.
And I'm very grateful for your help.

sergsero

BOTH of you are AWESOME.

I noticed a couple of thing that initially ModeS was a little slower with the basestation than adsbScope. After about 20 minutes I was picking up a LOT MORE than normal.

zachmart

Hi Guys.

First of all I would like to thank sergsero for these great apps.

Now I have 2 questions:
1) Is it possible to hide the Log option on the web server? I would like to hide logs from other people. (i dont mean console)
2) Is it possible to show a Coverage pattern in ModeSmixer2? It looks like a great feature and i would appreciate it there.
Many thanks for answers.

sergsero

Hi zachmart,

Thanks for the kind words.

1) In the current version in WEB window display information is taken from the console and is identical with it. If you suppress output to the console, then it will not be in the WEB window too.
2) In next versions I plan to add a circular scale. This will require to set in options coordinates of all remote sources.

sergsero

manamana

Hi,
I'm a new user of ModeSDeco2 and ModeSMixer2.... great sw!!!!

Quote from: sergsero on April 28, 2015, 01:49:49 AM

2) In next versions I plan to add a circular scale. This will require to set in options coordinates of all remote sources.

sergsero

It should be great to :
1) add a single circular graph for the whole merged coverage (centered in a given point [ center of the "system" ])
And
2) add circular graph for each source.

zachmart

Thanks for answer sergsero.
May I have a question again?
When i open aircraft info in map, almost every aircraft i am detecting does have a temperature value. May I ask you from which DF/TC are you decoding this value?
Same question for IC codes? Are they decoded from parity field?
Many thanks.

maaw

Quote from: maaw on April 26, 2015, 06:22:10 PM
Hi, could you compile the latest version of modesdeco2 for openwrt? Thank you
Sorry to repeat this, but could you sergsero? If not, can we get the source code? Please reply. Sorry for the insisting. Thanks again.

Keef

On page 14 of this thread...

"Unfortunately, under the terms of my employer, program code is not available.".

I'm not speaking for sergsero but I think he might have already answered your second question!

zachmart

Hi again sergsero.

Sorry for making another post but i might have found a bug of ModeSmixer2.

Description:
Web server is running, but it is not showing realtime information - no flights, no messages/sec - nothing.
I have set 3 batch files and they all have the same problem but when i restart them, it works great again.
The main reason of this bug might be my port forwarding, because on another server i dont have port forwarding and it works fine:
I have set up port forwarding on my server via netsh interface portproxy. I am forwarding a feed from a remote ip x.x.x.x:xxxx to the localhost 127.0.0.1:xxxx
When i connect to the 127.0.0.1:xxxx with putty, it works fine everytime i try but with ModeSmixer2 it works only for about 9 hours (tested multiple times).

My batch file:
@echo off
cmd /c  modesmixer2.exe --inConnect 127.0.0.1:xxxx --web yyyy --silhouettes C:\...\SilhouettesLogos --db C:\...\ModeSmixer2\data\BaseStation.sqb --log-file C:\xxx_log.txt
PAUSE
exit

Do you know where could be a problem?
Thanks.

zachmart

Quote from: sergsero on April 28, 2015, 01:49:49 AM
1) In the current version in WEB window display information is taken from the console and is identical with it. If you suppress output to the console, then it will not be in the WEB window too.

I have tried this, console is black but there as still the log information even after blocking the console log.
http://prntscr.com/6zk736

batch:
@echo off
cmd /c  modesmixer2.exe --inConnect x.x.x.x:yyyy --log-noconsole  --web zzzz --silhouettes C:\...\SilhouettesLogos --db C:\...\data\BaseStation.sqb
PAUSE
exit

APO1972

The modesmixer2 is a very nice , stable and strong tool for our hobby!!!
Thanks sergsero!!!
Today i'm very happy because i combined  very easy and quickly the datas from a different devices and now i can see the targets on one radar screen!!!
For me it's better than VRS and i'll keep it to broadcast my radar screen to the web , instead of VRS.
Two suggestions...selection ability of what i want to see on the aircraft labels, and polar diagram ability...
One problem that i saw is that the bandwidth meter is always "0" zero , why??? where is the problem...
I must say that the devices exists on my LAN(Local network).

[Attachment deleted by Admin to save file space]

jmaurin

Hi!
I doesn't have any other software running, except ModeSDeco2. Is possible to sabe stats data to retrieve in the next run? I saw some database option, but it can't create itself, looks like I need to poitn to alread exist database.....but I don't have it.

zachmart

Quote from: APO1972 on May 01, 2015, 05:11:08 PM
One problem that i saw is that the bandwidth meter is always "0" zero , why??? where is the problem...

I have found this too. If you set up output like --outServer, the bandwidth will work. Im not sure if its intended or a bug

APO1972

Thanks my friend, that was , i fixed it adding an --outServer beast:30005

jmaurin

Sergsero, may I have 2 sugestion?

1) Put a button/switch to change from NM to KM view in charts page (histogram and coverage pattern)
2) Save all statistics data (packaets, number os flights, local time/hours, etc) and restore it on every program restart. Better: using a combobox, user could select to see all-time statstics or session (since last program start) statistics.