Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 02, 2024, 04:43:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

ModeSDeco2 and ModeSMixer2 - console programs for RTLSDR and transcoding

Started by sergsero, August 09, 2013, 03:08:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mlino

Quote from: sergsero on May 12, 2015, 06:41:11 PM
Hi Marcio,

The database, which is contained in file basestation.sqb, is not something mysterious. Use any software, that is able to view (and, if necessary, to edit) fields in sqlite3 database, for example, SQLiteStudio http://sqlitestudio.pl/ database manager. With it, you can check does your database information about the aircraft.  Including, to find out whether there's the registration number.

Since the registration numbers of aircraft are not transmitted in Mode S/ADS-B messages, the information about them must be entered manually.
But the recording of this aircraft is created by modesmixer2/modesdeco2 with the first received message that contains its icao24 address. Similarly, as other information that arrives from the ether.

All other data about it, that is not received directly from the aircraft, must be added to database manually from external sources. Including its registration number.

It is because of availability of existing databases in the Kinetic format modesmixer2/modesdeco2 uses the same it. Whereas Sqlite3 is not the best choice among modern databases when you want to store large amount of information.

Best regards,
sergsero

Hi Sergsero,

I have used SQLMaestro to look into the basestation.sqb file. There, there are eight tables, and one of them, called Aircraft has the information I need in two fields.

The first (primary key) is the ICAO24 Hex code, from where I can get the registration in another field, called Registration. What I didn't get is how to tell to modesmixer2 to use the correct table and fields to get the data.

Regards,

Marcio

APO1972

Hello sergsero,
I observed that over internet at address http://xxxxx.ddns.net:8888 pictures of the planes doesn't uploading...instead over my LAN http://192.x.x.x:8888 are corectly uploading.
Is this a bug? or something else
my current .bat  :  modesmixer2 --inConnect 192.168.1.4:30003 --outServer msg:30003 --web 8888 --db C:\modesmixer2\BaseStation.sqb
pause

Thanks

larsras

What shall i add to the ModeSDeco2 launch, to enable data format for the FR24 feeder program?
So far i added --msg 30003, but there is no NW datatransfer going on at all in the FR24 feeder prog.

Triple7

You could try adding "--sbs10001 10001" without quotes, that might give you the output required for the FR24 feeder.

Tim
SBS-1eR, FA ProStick + 1090 filter

GregoryGHarding

Hey sergsero

just a few questions. i absolutely love your Deco suite of apps. however being the guy i am i like to keep the bleeding edged without having to search multiply places. do you have a github or a website referencing all your apps update status and download links?

i'm highly interested in an app, like modesmixer, that will accept AIS/ACARS/MODE-S/MODE-AC "In Connects" and output it all in a nice combines web interface. will you have anything like that soon? that would be really exciting for alot of us im sure.

finally. i like to personalize and customize my web portals, however i noticed ModeSMixer does not have physical files i can edit to customize the portal. is there a version which makes this possible? this would be a make or break feature for me.

thanks

sergsero

Hi Marcio,

I think that I can't fully understand your question.
The structure of sqlite3 database in the file basestation:.sqb fully complies with the requirements of Kinetics, which is used by the program BaseStation.exe together with the receiver SBS-1/3.

May be to test another instance of the database file?

Best regards,
sergsero

[Attachment deleted by Admin to save file space]

sergsero

Hello APO1972,

Unfortunately, I don't use address .ddns.net and can't replicate your setup.

However modesmixer2 generates a direct link to the website www.airport-data.com to obtain image of the aircraft.
If the site www.airport-data.com gives data on request with ddns.net addresses, the image would be displayed on the web page.

On the attached screenshot the image of aircraft was obtained from site www.airport-data.com by using its direct link: http://www.airport-data.com/images/aircraft/thumbnails/000/973/973956.jpg

Best regards,
sergsero

sergsero

Hi GregoryGHarding,

Website now is in creation stage. Hope it will be finished after some time. New version of programs and discussion are on this forum.

Because "...AIS/ACARS/MODE-S/MODE-AC..." are different in character and application tasks, they are implemented in separate programs of xDeco family.
Here I have not found a suitable topic, that is reasonable in the aviation forum, for ship thematic program AisDeco2 and it is published on a Russian forum: http://forum.adsbradar.ru/f39/konsolnaya-programma-aisdeco-dlya-sdr-priema-ais-signalov-1686/ and Yahoo group ShipPlotter.

Best regards,
sergsero

sergsero

Hello,

On the code-based decoder, which was kindly provided by Youssef - the author of wonderful programs SDR# and ADSBSpy and AirSpy hardware, is implemented support of AirSpy receiver in modesdeco2.

If you have time, I would appreciate for testing this first test version of modesdeco2 (v.20150515) and feedback.

Windows: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/79709204/MD2/20150515/modesdeco2_windows_20150515_test_airspy.zip

Ubuntu 14.04 (Intel):
32 bit https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/79709204/MD2/20150515/modesdeco2_i386_20150515.tgz
64 bit https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/79709204/MD2/20150515/modesdeco2_x86_64_20150515.tgz

For switching on AirSpy receiver use the new option --airspy. Other him settings can be left default.
The work with RTL dongle is not different from previous versions - simply set value in --gain  and  --freq-correction. The other options of program have not changed.
Also, the program is optimized to reduce the size.

The option --rbs and signal level will be finalized in the next version.

When you launch this version of modesdeco2.exe you can get an error that msvcp120.dll and msvcr120.dll are missing in your OS.
Please, download the Visual C++ Redistributable Package for Visual Studio 2013 from the Microsoft site: https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=40784.
You will need to install file of 32 bit version vcredist_x86.exe regardless of what bitness has your operating system!
The Visual C++ Redistributable Packages install run-time components that are required to run applications that are developed by using Visual Studio 2013, on computers that don't have Visual Studio 2013 installed. These packages install run-time components of libraries.

In the archive acarsdeco2_xp.exe is the same program, but was compiled with Platform Toolset property to Visual Studio 2013 – Windows XP (v110_xp) for compatibility with windows XP.

Best regards,
sergsero

GregoryGHarding

Quote from: sergsero on May 16, 2015, 06:06:40 AM
Hi GregoryGHarding,

Website now is in creation stage. Hope it will be finished after some time. New version of programs and discussion are on this forum.

Because "...AIS/ACARS/MODE-S/MODE-AC..." are different in character and application tasks, they are implemented in separate programs of xDeco family.
Here I have not found a suitable topic, that is reasonable in the aviation forum, for ship thematic program AisDeco2 and it is published on a Russian forum: http://forum.adsbradar.ru/f39/konsolnaya-programma-aisdeco-dlya-sdr-priema-ais-signalov-1686/ and Yahoo group ShipPlotter.

Best regards,
sergsero
thanks, is there a way i can edit the web portal modesmixer creates?

mlino

Quote from: sergsero on May 16, 2015, 05:28:58 AM
Hi Marcio,

I think that I can't fully understand your question.
The structure of sqlite3 database in the file basestation:.sqb fully complies with the requirements of Kinetics, which is used by the program BaseStation.exe together with the receiver SBS-1/3.

May be to test another instance of the database file?

Best regards,
sergsero

Hi Sergsero,

I would like to know what was the the structure modesmixer2 would looking for inside the database. The images you have attached to your post tells me the answer.

Thanks

Marcio

Oldfella

Quote from: sergsero on May 16, 2015, 06:49:14 AM

On the code-based decoder, which was kindly provided by Youssef - the author of wonderful programs SDR# and ADSBSpy and AirSpy hardware, is implemented support of AirSpy receiver in modesdeco2.

If you have time, I would appreciate for testing this first test version of modesdeco2 (v.20150515) and feedback.

The option --rbs and signal level will be finalized in the next version.

Many thanks Sergsero for including the AirSpy in your program. Thanks also to Youssef for helping to make this possible.

Been running the new version now for about 6 hours and have not seen any problems so far and think there has been a slight improvement in the range covered.

Looking forward to your next enhancement.

Best regards,

Oldfella
Oldfella

mlino

Hi Sergsero,

Which of the formats sent by using the --outServer is the raw format for ADS-B messages? I mean which of them is the one received by the SDR device before being decoded.

Cheers,

Marcio

sergsero

Hi Marcio,

It's a good question.
True RAW apparently this is IQ magnitudes, that are already processed and identified as elements of the message. However, they are not a output format.
On their basis is formed the format of communication: ascii AVR and its binary equivalent - BEAST.

If we're talking about modesmixer2 there any input formats is converted to special internal format, that are processed in the core of program. And here the closest to it are formats AVR/BEAST too.

Best regards,
sergsero

Radio2.0

Hey
Please make an way to Record the RAW Feed for an Playback in the future.
I am a Frequent flyer and i want record the hole flight and replay the File Home to create an Copit view in Google Earth or see all Aircraft who are near by.
THX!
>>> I looking for People who want exchange the VRS Data with me. <<<
I life near LOWW / VIE and see Ground Traffic too.