Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 19, 2024, 12:32:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

ModeSDeco2 and ModeSMixer2 - console programs for RTLSDR and transcoding

Started by sergsero, August 09, 2013, 03:08:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IanH

How do you know if you are successfully sharing with adsbexchange? Nothing obvious.

Anyway the modeSmixer2 command is

--outConnect beast:feed.adsbexchange.com:30005

Running this gives an output in the batch file window showing it is connecting - no idea if it was successful!

Obviously you also need some input!

Edit: seems it works. G-JECX moved while I was connected, stopped when I disconnected  ;D

Radio2.0

>>> I looking for People who want exchange the VRS Data with me. <<<
I life near LOWW / VIE and see Ground Traffic too.

IanH

for output to adsbexchange it is shown in the outconnect code = beast format

Radio2.0

>>> I looking for People who want exchange the VRS Data with me. <<<
I life near LOWW / VIE and see Ground Traffic too.

IanH

No because I'm only testing to answer questions - not connected 24/7.

In fact not connected more than 10 minutes.

robybenjy

Thanks all for your answers.
I used VRS to send data to "feed.adsbexchange.com" port 30005 via rebroadcast server and it work well.
I can see my receptions both on my VRS map and on http://global.adsbexchange.com/VirtualRadar/desktop.html the Global Radar View address.
I would not use VRS for this service.
I suspected (as Radio 2.0 told) that the command --beast 30005 on ModeSDeco2 is not able to send data to that site and I need to use ModeSMixer2 to do this, but I think my settings are wrong.

I launch ModeSDeco2 with this batch file:
\modesdeco2.exe --freq-correction 60 --gain 48 --location xx.xx:xx.xx --web 8088 --db C:\Radio\VirtualRadar\BaseStation\basestation.sqb --silhouettes C:\Radio\VirtualRadar\BaseStation\Silhouettes --pictures C:\Radio\VirtualRadar\BaseStation\Pictures --frdb C:\Radio\VirtualRadar\BaseStation\flightroute.sqb --filter-nocountry --metric

Then I launch ModeSMixer2 with this batch file:
\modesmixer2.exe -–outConnect beast:feed.adsbexchange.com:30005
But on the task that appears I have only the message "Press to continue..." and then the task desappears.
I think I have to set the incoming data from ModeSDeco2 to ModeSMixer2, but I don't know how.
Any help?
IanH, what are your setting?
RTL-SDR dongle RTL2832U/R820T tuner
Selfmade 1090 MHz Spider GP antenna

Triple7

Quote from: robybenjy on November 05, 2015, 12:48:35 AM
Then I launch ModeSMixer2 with this batch file:
\modesmixer2.exe -–outConnect beast:feed.adsbexchange.com:30005

It looks like you don't have an input (as IanH mentioned that you need) to ModeSMixer2 - see my post here:

http://radarspotting.com/forum/index.php/topic,2978.msg24218.html#msg24218

You need something along the lines of

@echo off
cmd /c  modesmixer2.exe --inConnect 127.0.0.1:10001 --outServer sbs10001:10001 --filter-nocountry
PAUSE
exit

Tim
SBS-1eR, FA ProStick + 1090 filter

robybenjy

Many thanks Triple7, now it work!
I would never have thought of using the command --sbs to connect the two software, since I use a USB RTL dongle: I believe that I still have a lot to learn!

Now my basic batch file for ModeSDeco2 is:
\modesdeco2.exe --freq-correction 60 --gain 48 --web 8088 --sbs10001 10001

My basic batch file for ModeSMixer2 is:
\modesmixer2.exe --inConnect 127.0.0.1:10001 --outServer sbs10001:10001 --outConnect beast:feed.adsbexchange.com:30005

Now I can see my receptions both on my local host and on Global Radar View on adsbexcange.com
It will be interesting to see if I succeed to increase the number of aircraft displayed, using the MLAT system, as it is said in that site.
I conclude that I will have to study the system to send and receive MLAT data ...another task to do!  ;D

robybenjy

Hi Sergsero,
I had a new error using ModeSdeco2:

INFO     ModeSDeco2 v.20150815
INFO     Device: 0 mnf: Generic prod: RTL2832U serial: 77771111153705700
INFO     Supported Gains (dB):  0.0 0.9 1.4 2.7 3.7 7.7 8.7 12.5 14.4 15.7 16.6 19.7 20.7 22.9 25.4 28.0 29.7 32.8 33.8 36.4 37.2 38.6 40.2 42.1 43.4 43.9 44.5 48.0 49.6
INFO     Freq Correction: 60 ppm
INFO     Gain: 48.0 dB
INFO     AGC: Off
INFO     Start AVR Server on port 47806
INFO     Open DB session
INFO     Connected 127.0.0.1:49323
ERROR     sqlite3_step<> database is locked 5
ERROR     sqlite3_finalize<> database is locked 5

I used ModeSDeco2 outputting data to Virtual Radar Server.

Another question: what is the best mode to use for sending data with VRS or other platforms between AVR and Beast?

IanH

My initial thought is what else is accessing basestation.sqb database?

If another program has locked the database (because it is using it) then modesdeco will not be able to write to it.

robybenjy

Maybe you're right IanH, because the basestation.sqb file I use with ModeSDeco2 is the same for VRS.
Can I disable the use of the file by ModeSDeco2 without losing information for its operation?

Any suggestion for AVR or Beast best mode?

sergsero

Hi robybenjy,

I agree with IanH. This message is received at the initialization phase of the program and its environment. When you try to access the database file it's reported that currently already blocked. Probably, if the VRS also uses the same file then it may cause such a conflict.

You can disable the use of the database in modesdeco2 (don't use the option --db) and delegate this function to VRS (with Database Writer Plugin).

BEAST vs AVR:

In my opinion, they are two different ways of the same raw data presentation. The format "BEAST" is a binary's option of "AVR" format. However, BEAST has some additional features: always contains time stamp and signal level information.

There are only three frame formats in the binary protocol, in order to keep some control characters:
<esc> "1" : 6 byte MLAT timestamp, 1 byte signal level, 2 byte Mode-AC
<esc> "2" : 6 byte MLAT timestamp, 1 byte signal level, 7 byte Mode-S short frame
<esc> "3" : 6 byte MLAT timestamp, 1 byte signal level, 14 byte Mode-S long frame

Here fields '2 byte Mode-AC' or '7 byte Mode-S short frame' or '14 byte Mode-S long frame' are AVR data - depending on what a message will be encapsulated there.

The binary BEAST format is more compact and is preferred for transmission over communication channels. Text AVR format more suitable for a visual analysis of messages.
For data exchange between programs I recommend to always use a BEAST.

Regards,
sergsero

robybenjy

Hi Sergsero and thanks for your clear explanations.
I used already Database Writer Plugins and now I will take away the --db function.

I will change AVR mode with Beats for sending data from ModeSDeco2 to other software.

I also hope that you will be able to solve the problem of double messages with the same callsign.

sergsero

Hi robybenjy,

Quote from: robybenjy on November 19, 2015, 10:22:47 AMI also hope that you will be able to solve the problem of double messages with the same callsign.

I'm sorry for the delay in solving this problem. I remember about it.
Unfortunately in 2015 year circumstances and events turned out to be stronger than my programmer's plans.

But I hope when I'll return from business trip to finish implementation of double message filters in the program.

Regards,
sergsero

IanH

sergsero

I looked back at the older versions of modesdeco2 and tried some of them again.

There are no duplicates in the 2150321 version.

The problem starts with the 20150603 version which includes "pthreadVCE2.dll".

I switched between the two versions several times and the difference was immediate.

Something important changed between the two versions.  ???