Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 05, 2024, 07:32:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

SBS3 running ACARSD

Started by airladysmith, September 22, 2013, 10:01:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

airladysmith

Hi All ,

After reading though the postings . I found a post from Mike Simpson . He said that the Built-in-Radio for the SBS3 would read ACARSD  .

After following his instructions it all works !!  NO NEED for my desk top scanner !! 

Now I have every thing going though the SBS Analog Audio feed 

I have tried the Sharp set up . Can get it to work , but have a time setting in the Freq !!  So it's not that important .

Also set up live Digital Audio . Tried it using Quick Time  - all worked for 12 hours then it stopped after I rebooted the computer !! By like Mike said  "It can all done using the Analog Audio Feed "  Just have to was a stereo cable from the SBS3 to the computer  .

I use Mike Simpsons Display-Launcher to decode my ACARSD  - That solves all the out of date Registrations that ACARSD displays or NOT-KNOW   . Have just started to use the new PlaneBase/BPLInk to log the SBS3 daily Logs  . It now can make a Daily Report . Good work on the Guys who have brought on line free !!

I did the Upgrades to the SBS3  - All worked fine - Now on 1.2.3.180 and Firmware v119

With all that things are looking good

Tony
Ladysmith
Vancouver Island