Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 18, 2024, 07:22:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

New AirNav RadarBox 5.00 Beta Software

Started by Triple7, October 19, 2013, 08:30:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triple7

It seems as though a beta version 5.00 is now available for all those still using RadarBox. There's a long list of bugs that have been fixed.  :-\

"We are happy to announce the release of the brand new "AirNav RadarBox 5.00 Beta" software.

It's a new version of our Windows software with all reported bugs corrected and with some new features. It has been on test for a few weeks and it is now time to release it, still in Beta mode, to our forum.

Our development team and our team of beta testers will be present on this thread.
At this point we are looking for more problems to be reported and corrected. This version intends to be mainly a correction of all reported problems and once released in non-beta mode we will start working on important new features."

http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=7914

Tim
SBS-1eR, FA ProStick + 1090 filter

Anmer

Nearly 4 years since the last update, AirNav has launched Vesion 5.00 as an open beta.

Listed are 53 bug fixes and just 4 new features.

Why has it taken nearly 4 years to fix these bugs?

And looking at the 4 new "features", only one is of benefit to the customer.  Three are only of benefit to AirNav and one of these is a removal of an existing feature in order to prop up RadarBox24.:

"Users who don't share flight data and not subscribed to the network will not received (sic) flight (photo/route information from server"

This last one is like Microsoft or Apple disabling their apps unless the customer pays an additional and ongoing fee.  Pure blackmail.

And I note that this release "has been on test for a few weeks and it is now time to release it".

Seems to contradict all previous announcements.

http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=7914.msg96788#msg96788

Here to Help.

mhm

Will be nice to see what Tarbat has to say on this subject.

Will he give his seal of approval or treat it as bullshit. ;D
Mike
Colon Cancer Survivor for the Time Being

Anmer

Quote from: mhm on October 19, 2013, 10:29:42 AM
Will be nice to see what Tarbat has to say on this subject.

I think he's been enticed back into the fold and is well and truly involved again.
Here to Help.

Bethsalem

"Users who don't share flight data and not subscribed to the network will not received (sic) flight (photo/route information from server"

Mine will be staying in it's box until this is reinstated.

But having said that, their data was pretty unreliable when it was enabled, so unless the accuracy of the aircraft id, photos (ah, those rusting Mig 21's) and route info (Ryanair flying from Reus to Angola springs to mind) is also improved, even if the above is reinstated, I still wouldn't fire up the Box again.

From the release blurb it seems to me it's only been done to support the app, which must be the main revenue generator at the moment.

Very disappointing.

Anmer

Quote from: Bethsalem on October 19, 2013, 11:34:38 AM
From the release blurb it seems to me it's only been done to support the app, which must be the main revenue generator at the moment.

I agree about the motivation, to support the app.  "Unless you allow us to steal your data, we're going to withdraw advertised features".

I think Waters & Stanton would find it impossible to refuse refund requests now.

But judging by the drop in app rankings across the globe, I'm not convinced RadarBox24 is going to generate much revenue.
Here to Help.

tarbat

Quote from: mhm on October 19, 2013, 10:29:42 AMWill be nice to see what Tarbat has to say on this subject.

I made a temporary return to the Radarbox world to carry out the beta testing - it's what I enjoy doing.  I think the v5 release is a good mix of bug-fixes and improvements.  We tested it thoroughly, but no doubt some bugs will emerge as more users participate in the public beta.

Anmer

Quote from: tarbat on October 19, 2013, 05:32:38 PM
I think the v5 release is a good mix of bug-fixes and improvements.

What do you count as "improvements" that benefit RadarBox customers?

53 bug fixes and just one improvement, totally negated by the removal of a major feature.  A total con and I'm surprised the beta testers put up with Brandao's dirty tricks.

So, after four years and lots of promises, net improvements = Nil.

Here to Help.

birdie

Quote from: Bethsalem on October 19, 2013, 11:34:38 AM

Mine will be staying in it's box until this is reinstated.

My Radarbox is securely buried under the Tomb-stone.

[Attachment deleted by Admin to save file space]
To give "Unique Coverage of WSSS" in www.Radarbox24.com !

mhm

Quote from: mhm on October 19, 2013, 10:29:42 AMWill be nice to see what Tarbat has to say on this subject.

I made a temporary return to the Radarbox world to carry out the beta testing - it's what I enjoy doing.  I think the v5 release is a good mix of bug-fixes and improvements.  We tested it thoroughly, but no doubt some bugs will emerge as more users participate in the public beta.

Tarbat

Who in Airnav writes the programme.
Mike
Colon Cancer Survivor for the Time Being

birdie

Hi Tarbat, Welcome back.

Did you objected to 3 of the 4 "new features" ?

How can a company take away the features they committed in their original package when they upgrade their software ?

My RadarBox will remain buried under the tombstone until Airnav Systems reinstate the original features - to make sure they don't force me to share my data.

viking9

Quote from: birdie on October 20, 2013, 06:21:34 AM

My RadarBox will remain buried under the tombstone until Airnav Systems reinstate the original features - to make sure they don't force me to share my data.

Can you write that again, I didn't understand you the 100th time. ::)
Tom

Anmer

Despite nearly 4 years of development and beta testing, if one is to believe AirNav's past announcements, it seems there are quite a few "bugs" in the latest beta release.

Perhaps one should wait for these to be resolved before risking this update?

After all, there is only one new feature which is totally negated by the removal of photos and route information for those who prefer not to waste bandwidth on data sharing.

http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=7919.msg97113#msg97113
Here to Help.

birdie

Quote from: Anmer on October 22, 2013, 09:05:41 AM
Despite nearly 4 years of development and beta testing, if one is to believe AirNav's past announcements, it seems there are quite a few "bugs" in the latest beta release.

Perhaps one should wait for these to be resolved before risking this update?

After all, there is only one new feature which is totally negated by the removal of photos and route information for those who prefer not to waste bandwidth on data sharing.

http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=7919.msg97113#msg97113

Anmer,

Did you downloaded the new software ?

I won't touch that new software with a 10 metres pole -  just to make sure The Chief Thief won't achieve his objective(s). 

I don't trust those comedians in Airnav as we don't know what Trojan Horses they hide in the new software.

Its is nice & a pleasure to still see www.rb24.com map so empty.

Anmer

Quote from: birdie on October 25, 2013, 06:20:19 AM
Anmer,

Did you downloaded the new software ?
No I didn't.  My RadarBox lies buried under a pile of dust.  I can't afford a tombstone.  :'(

Why should I start up the software and allow Brandao to steal my data, an individual who has repeatedly libelled and threatened me with lawyers?

But ignoring the above, I prefer using Basestation with the more reliable SBS family of receivers and sharing my data with whom I choose.

In my view, RadarBox version 5 will reduce the amount of shared data rather than increase it as Brandao expects.  I won't explain why as I don't want him to benefit but it's another example of Brandao shooting himself in the proverbial foot.  :)
Here to Help.