Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 19, 2024, 04:57:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

Radarcape Launched

Started by Anmer, December 04, 2013, 08:32:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anmer

I see the Radarcape is now available.

From the same developer as the Mode-S Beast and Flightradar24 stand-alone receiver, the Radarcape doesn't come cheap at Euros 625.

Euros 705 will buy a Radarcape, external antenna and bracket, GPS antenna and all cables.

The Radarcape combines a passive ADS-B receiver and Linux computer using a BeagleBone ARM CPU. It can host applications to pre-process data, such as an on-board webserver for kml files for use with Google Earth.

A built-in GPS receiver provides high resolution timestamps which can be used for multilateration, (MLAT) although MLAT is currently not implemented.

For more information visit the ModesBeast webshop

[Attachment deleted by Admin to save file space]
Here to Help.

Bethsalem

When I've recovered from my heart attack because of the price, I might have a look at the webshop  :o

north borneo radar

Hi there,

As posted at FR24's forum and also at the mode s beast forum by Gunter, the radarcape is available for sale now. Price is not cheap at all, dearer than the SBS-3.

Same hardware specs as of FR24's free receiver, but the user can customize quite a bit at the software. No MLAT initially with the present firmware. Please see:

http://www.shop-modesbeast.com/epages/64378549.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/64378549/Products/1307

And for more details about the radarcape, please see here http://wiki.modesbeast.com/Radarcape:Contents

Anmer

Quote from: north borneo radar on December 04, 2013, 11:30:29 AM
but the user can customize quite a bit at the software. No MLAT initially with the present firmware.

Are the customisation options listed somewhere?
Here to Help.

satcom

Not quite sure what

No MLAT initially with the present firmware. means

No single receiver "has" mlat

We have tested a couple of Radarcapes on the PP network and they "do" deliver raw data
suitable for the  PP   mlat network

junglejet

Be aware price includes 19% VAT.
No VAT for outside EU locations.

The Radarcape does expose timestamps from the GPS.

Andy

mt007

Miguel Teixeira
Beast user, Ex: SBS1er and RB, PP sharer aH Live Traffic

coyotefxl

That means that peer-to-peer mlat is still not implemented in the current firmware as it would not need the Planeplotter network to work but at least 3 Radarcape in the same area

birdie

Quote from: Bethsalem on December 04, 2013, 08:46:18 AM
When I've recovered from my heart attack because of the price, I might have a look at the webshop  :o

Can I send "Medic35" the air ambulance to fetch you to the hospital ? LOL
To give "Unique Coverage of WSSS" in www.Radarbox24.com !

satcom

I'd say at least five or six receivers are need to create a useable mlat network...the idea that three will work is theoretical , not practical.

Bethsalem

Quote from: satcom on December 05, 2013, 07:31:01 AM
I'd say at least five or six receivers are need to create a useable mlat network...the idea that three will work is theoretical , not practical.
Even less reason to buy one in my neck of the woods  :'(

Dave_EGDR

Like the idea of all in one unit, but price is way too high.
Running SBS-3 and Planeplotter code: F4

Spaxmoid

The MLAT side of things is working with FR24.

As for add-ons etc. it runs on a beagle bone so you can do what you want with the Linux underneath.

as  for the price looking at the dealers from kinectics you looking at 500 pounds for a sbs-3 and  750 for a complete system

the beast is 444 and for the complete kit 500.

Anmer

Thanks for the post.

The Beast is not the same as a Radarcape, there' s no FR24 MLAT capability.

A Radarcape costs Euro 625 or Euro 654 with shipping and payment fee. A "complete" system is Euro 708 or Euro 740 with shipping etc.

A Kinetic Puck is a lot cheaper at GBP 250.
Here to Help.

Spaxmoid