Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 19, 2024, 02:58:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

how to add waypoint

Started by kl692, February 12, 2014, 12:24:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kl692

Hello All, I am new to basestation and I was wondering how do waypoints . I basically want to see the runways of home airport with is CYYZ.

Thanks in advance

Ernest

Truetrack

Hi Ernest
you may be interested to look into or use AIRAC Waypoints for SBS-1/-3 and RB
autogenerated on demand, check http://jetvision.de/airac.shtml

as you mentioned runways these are in category outlines of which I do not
have any current URL. Rod Bearden used to post a listing for originally RBox,
but files work in SBS as well.
May be other readers know more where to find those.
regards
Klaus

Anmer

For runways you need Outline files.

Active Display Lite (free) from the Gatwick Aviation Society has a library of runway outlines and I have a large collection too if you can't find the ones you need.

Send me a PM.
Here to Help.

kl692

Quote from: Anmer on February 12, 2014, 05:36:03 PM
For runways you need Outline files.

Active Display Lite (free) from the Gatwick Aviation Society has a library of runway outlines and I have a large collection too if you can't find the ones you need.

Send me a PM.

Sorry for the long delay in replying, I work at night so i am not up doing the daytime and the 5 hours difference in time doesn't help.

I happen to found one outline and way points which must have placed over 100 lines in on my screen. Very hard to see anything unless I zoom all the way in. The outline for YYZ runways where off and it was basically just a line. I am wondering if there is something close to the picture below out there.  Thanks

Regards

Ernest

[Attachment deleted by Admin to save file space]

Anmer

Here is a screenshot of an Outline file for Toronto.

These airfield outline files can be downloaded using Active Display Lite as mentioned in an earlier post in this thread.

[Attachment deleted by Admin to save file space]
Here to Help.

kl692

Quote from: Anmer on February 13, 2014, 08:03:57 AM
Here is a screenshot of an Outline file for Toronto.

These airfield outline files can be downloaded using Active Display Lite as mentioned in an earlier post in this thread.

That is sweet, I have active display lite install but how do I download it? and what is that software good for?

Thanks

Anmer

In AD Lite go to BaseStation Configuration -> Install/UnInstall Outlines and Waypoints and then select Canada and the airfields you want to install.

Make sure AD Lite knows where your BaseStation folder is located.
Here to Help.

kl692

Quote from: Anmer on February 13, 2014, 09:21:47 AM
In AD Lite go to BaseStation Configuration -> Install/UnInstall Outlines and Waypoints and then select Canada and the airfields you want to install.

Make sure AD Lite knows where your BaseStation folder is located.

Thank you Sir, I will do that I as soon as I get home from work.

kl692

Hi, I did as you said and it works. Thank you very much

Ernest