Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 15, 2024, 08:32:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

AirNav XML Flight Data

Started by Anmer, March 12, 2012, 08:47:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anmer

I must have missed this or has this product been available for some time?

No pricing details (which makes me think it's not cheap) and aimed for the "professional"market.  Might alos explain the offer of a free RadarBox?

http://www.airnavsystems.com/FlightData/index.html

There's also a Ship Data version which must be reselling data from AISHub?
Here to Help.

shakysen

Hi Anmer  I know you told me not to post any AIS CRAP! The shiptrax-pro is £399.95.shiptrax-3d is £489.95

Regards Billko

Anmer

Hi Billko

These products are XML data feeds not receivers.
Here to Help.

shakysen

Hi Mike. As a newbie  and Naive on this hobby. Could you please enlighten me what  XML Is?.Also was Thinking of buying 1 of the trax boxes

Billko

Anmer

XML = Extensible Markup Language.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XML

Basically a set of "agreed" tags that enables "machine readable" information to be shared.

An example is the data used for the Basestation popup Aircraft Details window.

If you have an SBS-3 do you need another receiver?

Here to Help.

shakysen

Hi Again Mike. Sorry to be a pain . Thanks to you Mike the aircraft side of the sbs-3 is very enjoyable to me. I run that side on my desktop which I want to keep,Living on the banks of a very busy port system I would like to run the AIS side on my laptop. I've read the Manuals from front to back an back to front. Please correct me if' am wrong I can only run one mode 1 at a time? not side bye side  at the same time? from the sbs-3. That was why i was looking at the receiver for AIS.

Billko

Jamie

Well I don't know about the flight data but it appears to me that Airnav will be selling on data freely obtained from other AIS networks, there is no way that they have built up a large network of their own with "over 100,000" ships worldwide.
http://www.airnavsystems.com/ShipData/index.html

Food for thought.

shakysen

Hi Jamie. Whats this tworks software all about? Says AIS needs it to run?.

Billko

Anmer

Quote from: shakysen on March 12, 2012, 10:43:30 AM
Please correct me if' am wrong I can only run one mode 1 at a time? not side bye side  at the same time? from the sbs-3. That was why i was looking at the receiver for AIS.                                                                                                       

My understanding (yet to be tested) is that you can use the SBS-3 SDRs for AIS data and feed this into ShipPlotter.  I may be wrong?
Here to Help.

Anmer

Quote from: Jamie on March 12, 2012, 11:17:44 AM
Well I don't know about the flight data but it appears to me that Airnav will be selling on data freely obtained from other AIS networks,

Yes, that's how I read it but the AISHub has ambiguous Terms of Use:

TERMS OF USE
3) There are NO RESTRICTIONS how the members will use the data. Everybody is allowed to publish the data for free or to use it for commercial purposes.
Here to Help.

shakysen

Hi Anmer. Box of tricks £489+ tworks? + shipplotter expensive. I'll switch between Modes Mike.

Billko

shakysen

Hi Mike. The advert for the box states. It receives data (AIS,TCP/IP,AIS needs tworks) to allow to track ships

Billko

Anmer

Can you please post a link for the webpage?
Here to Help.

Brian

"includes details on over 100000 ships worldwide."

It's over 100000 ship details from shipspotting.com

Don't think they are talking about the active ships on the AIS ShipTrax Network/AISHub.net

Just like how the AirNav Radarbox network has details from gatwickaviationsociety.org.uk / FAA data,etc...

Anmer

Avoiding too much thread drift, does anyone know about the XML Flight Data?
Here to Help.