Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 18, 2024, 08:59:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

Free Data Sharing - No Longer Supported

Started by Anmer, January 30, 2012, 06:14:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anmer

This option is no longer supported.

Updated 18 September 2012

If you regularly share data using SBS1 Client you can also use the Flightradar24 Premium service.

Premium has no adverts or timeout and offers additional map settings.

Register using your SBS1 Client email address.

For those who want to see contacts beyond their local area or overcome a poor location with too few contacts, one option is to share data with other Basestation users.

SBS1 Client is a free addon for Basestation.  If you're interested in sharing data, please read the Quick Guide.  If you want to know more, you can download the full instructions from here.

To proceed further, please send me a Personal Message together with:

1. Confirmation that you've read the full and understand the instructions.
2. Your email address.
3. Your nearest airport ICAO code
4. Your Lat and Long coordinates in degrees decimal.  Two decimal places will suffice.

I will then send you your login details so you can start sharing data using the software found here.
Here to Help.

IanH

Mike

I recall that there was a problem of using this software if you were also sharing data via PlanePlotter.

Was that fixed in an update?

The mlat capability of PlanePlotter made me choose in favour of PP before but if it were possible, I would be happy to do both.

Ian

Anmer

Hi Ian

Yes, the PP issue was fixed.  You can try it and run some tests.

The latest beta works with the SBS-3 though it isn't fully signed off yet though I'm using it here OK.
Here to Help.

Keef

Hi,

The pdf at http://radarspotting.com/forum/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=item6 still says that you must be running Basestaion 159 or earlier if you want to share data with PlanePlotter.

If that's now incorrect it might be worth updating the pdf.

I'm running BS 168 now, could someone confirm that's compatible with the current version of MMS2 and PP?

I hope it is now OK to run BS/MMS with PP, last time I tried I hadn't spotted the PP caveat and quite rightly got a slap on the wrist!

Cheers,

Keef.

Chris-G0WTZ

May be a dumb question but why would you run a network into a network?

Keef

No such thing as a dumb question  :)

I use PP for MLAT and BS doesn't give me that option. One day maybe Chris  ;)
To keep my free PP GS/MU status I have to share data with the PP network, which I am happy to do

My main display is BS, and that's unlikely to change as it's my favourite app (PP is a close second!).

I like to see shared data so I want the option to have this in BS and retain the ability to share with PP to keep the free GS/MU status I have for MLATs.

Hope that's sort of clear, if not I'm happy to have another go at explaining.

Cheers,

Keef.

Anmer

Sorry for the late reply but I've been away for a few days,

The PDF has been updated as too has the SBS1 Client software.  It's been distributed to all current sharers who are running an extended Beta test using the SBS-1 and SBS-3 using various flavours of Basestation including version 168.

I've had no reported issues and hope to update the files available here sometime next week.

As long as sharers follow the instructions, there should be no conflict with PP sharing.
Here to Help.

Keef

Thanks for the update.

Good to hear it now plays nicely with PP.
When I get a bit of spare time I might have another go with SBS1 Client.

Cheers,

Keef.

Keef

Anmer,

Hope you don't mind me asking but have the files been updated?

I re-downloaded the SBS-1 client software again tonight and the timestamps still show as being before my post in May.

I'm just a little cautious having upset the PP sharing community once before! If I try again I'm now more aware of the procedures with regards to sharing PP data and making changes to my system so hopefully I can mitigate any mistakes I make!

But an update on the status of SBS-1 client would give me a bit more confidence.

Cheers,

Keef.

Anmer

Not sure which "time-stamps" you're referring to?

The latest SBS1 Client software version (which self checks and updates) is:

GUIv0045 BINv0065
Here to Help.

Keef

Thanks for the info,

I wasn't very clear about the timestamps, sorry about that.
What I was (very vaguely!) referring to was the windows 'Date Modified' data.

Cheers,

Keef.

IanH

Mike

I'm revisiting this aspect as well.

Just downloaded the files.

The PDF still says you have to use BS159.

And the sbs1c exe file shows it is GUIv0040 BINv0052.

Ian

Anmer

Quote from: IanH on August 13, 2012, 03:54:19 PM
I'm revisiting this aspect as well.

Are you only referring to the PDF content or have you tried to run SBS1 Client?
Here to Help.

IanH

when I run sbs1c.exe, I get the GUIv0040 BINv0052 in the header

see attachment

[Attachment deleted by Admin to save file space]

Anmer

But did you Start SBS1 Client and connect to the server?
Here to Help.