Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 19, 2024, 11:06:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

Sky Hub and SBS3

Started by N69120, August 12, 2014, 05:44:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

N69120

Hi guys,

I have recently changed my internet provider from BT to SKY. After connecting the new hub I think I've sorted the ports etc as my PP works ok except for sharing my data but my IP range seems to be 192.168.1.** .

I guess I need to change the SBS IP address so, can I follow the guide for the SBS1 or is it different for the 3? 

Thanks in advance

Andy
Andy.

Roadrunner

Its very easy to change the IP address in the SBS3. I had to do it in mine with my Virgin superhub being in the 192.168.0.X. range rather than the defult 192.168.2.170 that SBS3 comes with. Just connect your SBS3 by the USB cable for a while as you change the Non-Volatile /Ethernet settings in the SBS3 from that standard 192.168.2.170. For simplicity I just changed mine to 192.168.0.170.  The subnet mask may not need changin from the standard 255.255.255.0 (or whatever your PC is showing) and the defult gateway should bmatch the range of the PC (in my case changed to 192.168.0.1

After making the changes and saving them you can reset the SBS3 back to the ethernet connection and all should work. I think I have covered all the necessary st4eps, unless someone knows of anything I may have missed.

Mike

Anmer

If PP works for your local data, then the SBS-3 must be on the network if you're connecting via Ethernet?

Have you enabled port forwarding for PP?
Here to Help.

N69120

Sorry Anmer I should have made that a bit clearer. PP is not showing my aircraft. The ethernet light is not lit and when i start BS the session active light does not light and no planes show up on BS. I have set up PP as UDP and from 9742 to 9742 and it appears to be showing all the other aircraft ok. I have set up the SBS as TCP and from port 10001 to 10001. All other settings in the applications stayed the same and i was hoping i could just plug into the new router and all would be good.  :(

Andy
Andy.

Anmer

Thanks, understood.

As Roadrunner has suggested, change the SBS-3 IP address to match your local network range using the USB cable.  Then swap over to Ethernet.

Make sure you set the Network type in BaseStation accordingly.
Here to Help.

N69120

Yes ok, ive just connected it up via the USB and changed over to Via USB. Can i just follow your guide for the SBS1e/er?
Andy.

Anmer

What do you want to follow or achieve?

The SBS-3 resolved many of the IP address issues that we had when using the SBS-1e and SBS-1eR.
Here to Help.

N69120

Your guide for changing the ip address, http://radarspotting.com/forum/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=item19 or is it as simple as settings>hardware settings>network then change it there?
Andy.

Anmer

Roadrunner has explained how to change the SBS-3 IP address - much simpler than my Guide for the SBS-1e/eR.

I think the latest BaseStation Reference Manual explains how too.
Here to Help.

N69120

Thanks guys. I think its sorted now, got the sbs running ok then had to set up the PC as a default DMZ server so PP would work properly.

I dont understand the last bit about DMZ but when i did a check GS/MU functions test in PP it was ok, as before i did the DMZ bit it failed the first poll test.

Andy
Andy.

Keef

Hi Andy,

I think that the fact you needed to add the PCs IP address to the DMZ implies that port forwarding is not set up correctly.
Adding the PC to the DMZ could be considered a security risk so it's worth trying to get port forwarding working properly so that you don't need anything in the DMZ settings.

To set this up you first have to define a custom service then add it to the inbound rules.
I don't have a Sky hub but have an earlier Sky router, my settings are as below for port 9742:

Security | Services | Add Custom Service
and
Security | Firewall Rules | Inbound Services | Add

Hope this helps,

Keith.

[Attachment deleted by Admin to save file space]

N69120

Oh thanks Keith, I've only just seen this. I will have a play later and report back.

Andy.
Andy.