Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 22, 2024, 01:43:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

Basestation - Windows 10

Started by maximus_mike, January 27, 2015, 11:31:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maximus_mike

Has anyone managed to get Basestation working under Windows 10 ?

Firstly it came up with the 'FTD2xx.dll not found' problem we have seen in the past, however after I downloaded the latest installer from the website, I now get a 'BaseStation.exe - Application Error - The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application.

I will ask Kinetic about this, but wondered if anyone else had tried this.

Mike

mhm

Mike
Colon Cancer Survivor for the Time Being

Anmer

How did you install BaseStation on your Windows 10 device?
Here to Help.

mhm

I think this may have been an upgrade Mike. Windows 10 not been released on new pc's yet
Mike
Colon Cancer Survivor for the Time Being

Anmer

You may be right, but I prefer to make sure.
Here to Help.

IanH

Windows 10 is only available as a beta (Technical Preview if I recall).  I don't know if it installs as an upgrade or overwrites any existing version.

I had already installed Win10 as a VM.

Just installed BS to C:\Kinetic\BaseStation and yes it does complain about FTD2XX.dll being missing.

Downloaded a version from here:
http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?ftd2xx [Choose Manual Fix to just download the zip file!]

Put ftd2xx.dll in BaseStation folder and it starts ok.

Anmer

Quote from: IanH on January 28, 2015, 10:09:54 AM
Just installed BS to C:\Kinetic\BaseStation and yes it does complain about FTD2XX.dll being missing.

I had the same issue with Windows 7 on a new desktop here a few weeks back. Installing the file resolved the issue.

But I didn't get:

I now get a 'BaseStation.exe - Application Error
Here to Help.

maximus_mike

Thanks to all for their assistance, Ian's link to the .dll file fixed things, it worked after that.

Mike

paulspot

Hi Gents,

After dealing with the initial "FTD2xx.dll not found' problem, I'm now having the same issue as Mike on the first post of this thread. I have just updated my PC from W7SP3 to W10 and am getting the dreaded 0xc000007b "The application was unable to start correctly" error message when trying to run Basestation.

Curiously, Basestation reporter runs perfectly!

I have tried pretty much everything:

1. Re-installed in a folder of my choice.
2. Re-installed in the Windows program files folder it tells you to.
3. Run as administrator ticked in properties.
4. Run as administrator from the desktop shortcut.
5. Tried to run in all the compatibility modes through properties.
6. W10 is fully updated.
7. Ran chkdsk, no issues.
8. Re-installed all the Visual C++ packages.
10. Prayed to any God who would listen!

My PC is a 64bit machine with a GFX295 card and Directx 12.

Anyone out there have any suggestions? Apart from go back to W7 which I cant do as I have a greater requiremnt to run W10 on this PC.

MTIA (again!)
Paul
SBS-3, BSBW1090SP (Attick), PP Sharer, FR24.

Anmer

BaseStation runs OK on Windows 10.  I'm running it here.

Is yours a fresh install of BaseStation or are you copying any existing data files, such as the sqb, Ini, Waypoints, Outlines, OperatorFlags etc?
Here to Help.

s92driver

Quote from: Anmer on September 18, 2020, 09:07:57 PM
BaseStation runs OK on Windows 10.  I'm running it here.

Same here, I've never had any issues.  I know that doesn't help the OP, but it proves it's not a fundamental issue with the OS.

The .dll issue is common, but easily fixed.

paulspot

At least it's good to know it should work on W10.

Both re-installs have been fresh installs, but I've kept all the old Basestation files and folders in a "Basestation Temporary" folder. I've not tried copying and pasting the old to the new yet.

Is it with removing all of it then trying again? Should the all the old files and folders have any effect?

Yes the .dll issue was easily dealt with.

Paul

Anmer

I'd try a new install of BaseStation to a nominated folder, such as C:\Kinetic.

Download the version 184 CD and extract the files to a temp folder.  Next run Setup and install to the new Kinetic folder.  Do not attempt to use any existing files.

http://www.kinetic.co.uk/basestationdownloads1.php

Then launch BaseStation.  I can't think of any reason, other than a missing .dll, why it shouldn't run OK.

If everything runs OK, you can then think about using backed up files.

Please report back on how you get on.
Here to Help.

paulspot

Tried that, still comes up with xc000007b "The application was unable to start correctly". Application error.

Some googling brings up a whole host of issues which as per my first post I have tried to correct, everything from using an earlier version of .net framework to re-installing the C++ packages.

Its very frustrating. I'll keep trying.

It worked perfectly with this machine on W7 and reporter works.

Anmer

BaseStation doesn't use .Net.

At what stage do you get the error?  Does the Setup complete OK?

How are you launching BaseStation?
Here to Help.