Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 04, 2024, 02:11:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

ModeSDeco2 / ModeSMixer2 on a separate PC, any drawbacks?

Started by larsras, May 09, 2015, 08:47:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

larsras

Hi

Planning to have those 2 apps running on a separate PC, and the do all the viewing on my normal PC.
Are there some apps (those that i use now + evt. PlanePlotter) that will not work over LAN?

br Lars

Triple7

Hi Lars,

I am sure there are some programs that won't work over a LAN, but the ones I use all do.

In case you are not sure how to set things up, have a look at the notes I wrote here for setting up these two programs:

http://radarspotting.com/forum/index.php/topic,2978.msg24218.html#msg24218

All you should need to do to view the output of ModeSDeco2 is replace 127.0.0.1:8080 with the correct IP address of the computer running that program into a browser window on your 'normal PC' and that should give you the graphical output from MD2. e.g. 192.168.1.100:8080. I have not tried it so if it doesn't work use the same feature in ModeSMixer2 but remember to add the --web 8080 switch into the command line

If you want to use BaseStation to view the output, then that's also straightforward, again see my notes but change the 127.0.0.1. setting in BS to the local LAN address of the computer running ModeSMixer.

Tim
SBS-1eR, FA ProStick + 1090 filter