Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 05, 2024, 06:35:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

some questions SBS-3

Started by vicbeo, June 28, 2015, 11:04:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vicbeo

Hello. i'm Victor writting from Santiago of Chile (Southamerica). I'm a beginner in this. I began with raspberry pi and I have been thinking about next step, and then to read a lots of forums I arrived to SBS-3. I read about features of sbs-3 and I'm so interested to buy one, but I have some questions.

I whatched a video in official youtube channel​ (kinetic avionics), and one of those videos shows basestation interface with UK map. May I use SBS-3 in Chile too? , every map it's a kind of addon or not?, or Does the use is just limited to UK?

About GPS: Does SBS just feed only Mode-S? ... or also mode C?

About Radio Tuner use: How it work?. Do I need to buy an addon for using it?

Thanks!

Anmer

Hi Victor.

You can use the included BaseStation software with a world outline map.  You can even create your own outlines for greater map detail and to add airports and other map features.  See our free Guides:

Creating and Using Outlines

My SBS-1 Setup

I'm not sure about Mode-C, but you would need to use other software to make use of this data, such as PlanePlotter's Beamfinder.  Hopefully someone else can confirm if the SBS-3 is outputting Mode-C data?  The SBS-3 doesn't include a GPS.

The BaseStation software includes a radio tuner.  But you will need software to output the audio, such as VLC. 
Here to Help.