Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 17, 2024, 02:16:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

Brussels Airlines - OO-SNA

Started by KeithH, September 02, 2015, 06:22:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KeithH

Hi

Anyone know why the above never appears to plot on the SBS screen?  It shows on FR24 and doesn't show there as MLAT but my SBS has never shown the plot although all other aircraft do plot.

Keith

Anmer

What is the hex code that FR24 shows?
Here to Help.

Truetrack

well within 2nd half of August OO-SNA A320 44CDC1 intermittantly was not showing full ADSB
just ALT readings, regardless whether flying for/under BEL or TCW c/s,
and often not a complete days ops.
Seems to be at random off/on , either deliberately switched or intermittant malfunction.
Klaus

Anmer

Thanks

Was FR24 showing the same hex code for the ADS-B position?
Here to Help.

Truetrack

@ Mike
I retrieved this from BS Reporter
myself cannot tell
I am using FR24 Tracker seldom and then only using the Flt-No as key for lookup of a possible reg
which I otherwise could not retrieve.
Klaus

Anmer

Thanks.

If you see the flight on FR24 again, check the hex code as well as the displayed registration.  Also make a note of the flight ID and UTC time (for playback)  The FR24 database may be incorrect.
Here to Help.

KeithH

Quote from: Anmer on September 03, 2015, 03:52:49 PM
Thanks.

If you see the flight on FR24 again, check the hex code as well as the displayed registration.  Also make a note of the flight ID and UTC time (for playback)  The FR24 database may be incorrect.

Hi,

When I saw it yesterday it was showing 44CDC1 on FR24 and on my own Basestation.  My database shows it as this REG/HEX as does Airframes.org.  FR24 was showing it on the map with no MLAT status.  On my Basestation it was showing with just the green circle (ie not plotting).  Each time it has been in MAN that I'm aware of it has never plotted.  These have all been on Brussels flights.  It was operating the BEL35K out of MAN yesterday evening (18:10 BST).  Strange"

HTH

Keith

Anmer

Thanks Keith.

Did you notice what radar code was displayed by FR24?
Here to Help.

KeithH

Quote from: Anmer on September 03, 2015, 04:29:20 PM
Thanks Keith.

Did you notice what radar code was displayed by FR24?

I've just been watching the FR24 and it shows as T-EGGP49 until it was over Stafford then it changed to "MLAT", then shortly after to T-EGNC4, then T-EGSS27 over Luton/London.

Keith

Anmer

Thanks Keith

Maybe someone is feeding FR24 with "private" MLAT plots using the feeder utility that FR24 thinks are ADS-B messages?

There's now a plethora of closed user MLAT groups and ways to rehash data.
Here to Help.

KeithH

Quote from: Anmer on September 03, 2015, 05:26:04 PM
Thanks Keith

Maybe someone is feeding FR24 with "private" MLAT plots using the feeder utility that FR24 thinks are ADS-B messages?

There's now a plethora of closed user MLAT groups and ways to rehash data.

Thanks, at least it allowed me to find OO-SNA in the sky as my SBS didn't give me a clue as to where it was except height.

Regards
Keith