Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 18, 2024, 12:26:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

Trying to get this working with an SBS-1e

Started by Wrongway, October 13, 2015, 01:50:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anmer

Great.  Thanks for your invaluable input Ian.
Here to Help.

IanH

Mike

I've got VRS already set up for testing output from modesmixer and modesdeco so it was easy to try things.

Ian

Wrongway

Ian,

is there an idiots guide to modesmixer and modesdeco.  I tried the website but found it a bit hard going and there doesn't seem to be any youtube videos either.

Anmer

Quote from: Wrongway on October 13, 2015, 06:03:31 PM
is there an idiots guide to modesmixer and modesdeco.

I couldn't find one so I've put it high up on my To Do List
Here to Help.

gabuliatko

Is true way SBS-1 -> Multi-EM -> ModeSMixer? If yes, what switch in ModeSMixer do I use?

IanH

What do you want to do with modes2mixer?

It is usually used to connect a receiver (e.g. dongle. SBS-1, etc) to a display program such as VRS, GlobeSRTL

gabuliatko

I have old (first) SBS-1. It works only with MultiEM (from jetvisio.de) or directly through the USB cable.
I'd mode-S data from SBS-1 combined with Mlat data from RaspberryPi with RTL-SDR and and view them in BaseStation.

Anmer

Why are you using Multi-EM?

"Multi-EM

The Multi-EM is a software add-on to enable multiple BaseStation sessions to a single, Ethernet enabled SBS-1. It is available from www.jetvision.de and is similar to the SBSnet Pro software that is used with the SBSnet device."

If you have an SBS-1 you do not have an Ethernet port unless you have the retrofit Ethernet module.

You can connect to an Ethernet enabled SBS-1 without using Multi-EM.
Here to Help.

gabuliatko

Anmer
I have SBS-1 with SBSnet device (http://jetvision.de/sbs/sbsnet/sbsnetflyer.pdf)
I thought that MultiEM is a newer version SBSnet with identical features.
ModeSmixer works identical with MultiEM or SBSnetPro. Connect, but no data.
Zdenek
PS: My idea is split data, modes from SBS-1 and Mlat from RasPi with RTL-SDR, to Basestation.
If you know how , I'll be happy for the advice.

Anmer

Multi-EM is a utility to run more than one BaseStation session using just one SBS-1 receiver.

Multi-EM is similar to SBSnet Pro but not necessary if you don not intend to run multiple BaseStation sessions.

Can you post a screenshot of your Multi_EM or SBSnet Pro "Network" tab showing the IP and Port settings?
Here to Help.

IanH

Trying to use both SBSNet and MultiEM is confusing the issue.

Just test without starting MultiEM.

ModeSMixer should connect with the command line:

modesmixer2.exe --inConnect <IP address of SBS-1>:20060

If it connects, it will tell you it is connected.

If it does not:

• what is the IP address of the SBS-1?
  • what is the IP address of your PC?
  • post the command line you are using for modesmixer

Once that bit is working,we can see how to join the data from the SBS-1 and the Raspberry Pi

gabuliatko

quote IanH
Just test without starting MultiEM

IanH: great job, thank you. I'm sorry it occurred to me , thank you.
Zdenek