Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 22, 2024, 03:49:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

How to show aircraft at correct position

Started by tarbat, January 08, 2016, 04:11:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tarbat

Just started using Virtual Radar Server, and generally impressed, as it comes closest to display I'm looking for.  The only problem I have is that the aircraft are displayed on the map too far north of their real position.  Take this EasyJet, just departed EGPE, but the aircraft symbol shows about 50 miles north of that on the map.

[Attachment deleted by Admin to save file space]

Anmer

The aircraft icon is sitting on top of a stalk line, the bottom of which shows the aircraft location.

There's a VRS option to turn off the stalk.
Here to Help.

tarbat

Thanks, got it.  Much better.  Even better, able to show Planeplotter MLAT'ed aircraft in VRS - excellent.

I have to say that VRS is an excellent bit of software, great for replacing the Planeplotter display, which I've never got on with.

Graham Bell

Quote from: Anmer on January 08, 2016, 04:13:38 PM
The aircraft icon is sitting on top of a stalk line, the bottom of which shows the aircraft location.

There's a VRS option to turn off the stalk.
Where do I find this option please?
Regards-
G.B.

tarbat

Quote from: Graham Bell on January 09, 2016, 03:24:35 PMWhere do I find this option please?

On the website - MENU - OPTIONS - AIRCRAFT - untick SHOW ALTITUDE STICK

With some adjustment, you can get a very good display setup in VRS

Anmer

Quote from: tarbat on January 09, 2016, 03:36:04 PM
With some adjustment, you can get a very good display setup in VRS

Configuration might be more accurate  :)
Here to Help.

tarbat

Quote from: Anmer on January 09, 2016, 03:42:08 PMConfiguration might be more accurate  :)

Adjustment and configuration ;)  Whatever it is, this is the closest I've got to an ANRB type display on any software, with some great configuration options that allow me to adjust exactly what I want to see.

Graham Bell

APO1972

Hello to all,
Today i observed an error when i tested one RTL dongle with setup : dump1090 --> modesmixer2 --> Basestation(version 1.84) --> VRS. Only
targets on ground , who located only few miles (7 nm) from my roof antenna , showing in wrong position thousands miles away! Over Antlantic Ocean!!!
How can i solve it?

Anmer

Were the only aircraft in the wrong positions those on the ground?
Here to Help.

APO1972

Yes the most of ground targets has wrong position.

Anmer

Can you view the aircraft on Dump1090 without using ModesMixer2, BaseStation and VRS?  If you can, are they in the wrong position too?
Here to Help.

APO1972

Now i m not home, I' ll check and tell you.As remember on Basestation screen all is in right position. In my mind i have maybe a silly though...maybe my windows country settings for the numbers, affecting VRS program?  You know i m Greek... The use of ","  and "."  are different than US and UK system.

APO1972

Good morning , because one picture is more than 1000 words . See the attachments when the usb dongle feeding dump1090.
The first was a landing a/c , on the ground , see the strange constant -50ft altitude then after when speed is 0kts dissapeared.
The second another at parking stand , see the faulty longtitude.
At the third snapshot the same aircraft that the time became airborn so the coordinates as you can see fixed.

[Attachment deleted by Admin to save file space]

Anmer

Thanks.

I am guessing that Dump1090 may be decoding On Ground messages incorrectly?  Since only a small percentage of users are close enough to airports to receive On Ground messages, this may have gone unnoticed.

I am aware that there were similar issues with other decoding solutions and we still see crazy aircraft movements on the ground on FR24 for major airports.
Here to Help.