Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 14, 2024, 09:28:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

Curious about AD Lite

Started by scopeman, February 04, 2016, 02:31:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scopeman

My system is a totally standalone set up (not connected to the net).  If I downloaded AD Lite, would it change anything on my screen ? I have the basic Black aircraft list with the only additions being Chris Alder's side images in place of the original operator flags and I also use the "User Tag" as a logging reference by entering "Seen", so the only aircraft I am interested in are those without a "Seen" in that box. As I am visually impaired the original Black background White lettering in the aircraft list works better for me and I don't want any changes to happen.

Truetrack

Hi a quick answer here
You can operate ADLite as a standalone (no net connected) running parallel to Basestation.
Once installed and loaded, without start running, you may make yourself familiar with the pulldown menues,
and the  buttons, pointing on those a text explanation will emerge for ashort period.
When shutting down you will be asked whether to backup the SQB or not, denial is the last chance for
do nothing ;)
within the the Basestation configuration there are some basic sets of Flag, Logos and WPT, OUtlines.

I have it running same way just depending on BS Data being displayed and e.g. N-Button = needs populating
having set the particular fields accordingly.

Have fun you will love it.
Regards
Klaus

acarslogger

Quotewithin the the Basestation configuration there are some basic sets of Flag, Logos and WPT, OUtlines.
Although it may look like those configuration files are are included within ADLite, you need internet access to download them.

Slightly off topic : scopeman -- as well as using the UserTag field have you thought about using the Basestation 'Interested' field. When used with the 'Invert Show Interested' option in Basestation > Settings > Display Settings > Display Parameters it may help you to display those 'not seen' aircraft. The 'Invert' option is mentioned in the BaseStation Reference Manual.

Regards
Stuart