Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 17, 2024, 11:56:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

FR24 Windows Phone & Desktop Apps FAILURE

Started by KeithH, March 24, 2016, 02:09:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KeithH

I logged a problem with FR24 a few days ago.  Both Desktop and Windows phone FR24 Premium Apps have started to fail.  This, I think, is after the major upgrade they applied to the Internet version.

The apps start to load then immediately crash with no message or chance to log-in.

I got a reply this afternoon from FR24 advising they are aware and investigating the issue.  They also say they are still working on the alert problem.

I suppose we are fortunate the same programmers don't work for the bank (or similar) web teams!

Anmer

The recent FR24 update has been problematical to say the least.  There are 27 pages devoted to it on the FR24 forum.

The enhancements were well intentioned but the project appears to have been poorly planned, inadequately tested, mis-communicated and mis-managed.

FR24 is a multi-million Pound/Dollar/Euro turnover business reporting million plus profits.

I think its customers and data feeders are right to complain, especially as there are numerous issues still to be fixed more than 7 days after the release.

http://forum.flightradar24.com/threads/10016-New-webpage-design-Bug-reports
Here to Help.

KeithH

Quote from: KeithH on March 24, 2016, 02:09:48 PM
I logged a problem with FR24 a few days ago.  Both Desktop and Windows phone FR24 Premium Apps have started to fail.  This, I think, is after the major upgrade they applied to the Internet version.

The apps start to load then immediately crash with no message or chance to log-in.

I got a reply this afternoon from FR24 advising they are aware and investigating the issue.  They also say they are still working on the alert problem.

I suppose we are fortunate the same programmers don't work for the bank (or similar) web teams!

The Windows Phone version now seems to be working.  I uninstalled and re-installed and all seems good again.  The desktop version does still fail on loading though.

Regards